OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
One of my friends is constantly complaining when she only makes like 35-40 bucks in tips for a five hour shift at a restaurant. They pay her 5 an hour before taxes and she said most of the time she ends up making 3.50-4 dollars an hour that way. Minimum wage here is 8.25, aka shes making more than minimum wage. No matter how much I tell her she doesn't get it. Like I cleaned toilets, did trash, and cleaned up bodily fluids at a water park and only made 8.25 an hour. After taxes it was like 6. Stop complaining about making more than that being a waitress.

Minimum wage in Chicago is $10 now (as of July 1). Given how close you are, I'd kind if expect to get paid that - not sure I'd work for $8.25 if I was close enough to work somewhere that had to pay 10...but that's just me I guess.

As for your friend, if I made $35-40 per shift waiting tables, I'd have flipped my s**t. You can't compare it to other jobs that are *not* waitressing. Compare it to other waitressing jobs. Like, how mad would you be if other people at water parks were making $16/hour? Compare the same job to compare wages.

She's making less than half the average for what servers usually make. I don't think I've ever made less than $100 per shift average in any restaurant I've worked in (and no - they weren't in Chicago. I'm talking places like Newport News, VA). She definitely should work somewhere else.

*Side note, so should you apparently! [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Minimum wage in Chicago is $10 now (as of July 1). Given how close you are, I'd kind if expect to get paid that - not sure I'd work for $8.25 if I was close enough to work somewhere that had to pay 10...but that's just me I guess.

As for your friend, if I made $35-40 per shift waiting tables, I'd have flipped my s**t. You can't compare it to other jobs that are *not* waitressing. Compare it to other waitressing jobs. Like, how mad would you be if other people at water parks were making $16/hour? Compare the same job to compare wages.

She's making less than half the average for what servers usually make. I don't think I've ever made less than $100 per shift average in any restaurant I've worked in (and no - they weren't in Chicago. I'm talking places like Newport News, VA). She definitely should work somewhere else.

*Side note, so should you apparently! [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

She normally makes more than that (on a friday she'll make over 100 and still complain), but shes at a restaurant thats also a bar so not a lot of people go there for dinner since its not family friendly. Most of the girls wear less clothes than they do at Hooters. I just hate when she says that she didn't make anything when she chooses her shifts and knows it wont be busy most of the night since she chooses not to work at bar time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are on here just so you can take info back to your gym owners/coaches to try stirring the pot for other users don't go away mad, JUST GO AWAY. You are not needed or wanted. If you are an adult that statement goes double because at this point I'll bet your kid is less invested in their cheer career and more mature than you are.

**I would like to grow up but some people take all the fun out of it**

CL2p0N7WsAAvj9_.jpg

just had to put my dog down :(:(:(:(:( i just got home from school last night. i legitimately think he waited for me to say goodbye. ugh. this is hard.

hug your dogs extra tight for me.

I'm so sorry :( hugging mine and send you one just as big. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just had to put my dog down :(:(:(:(:( i just got home from school last night. i legitimately think he waited for me to say goodbye. ugh. this is hard.

hug your dogs extra tight for me.
Sorry for the loss. Never easy letting a pet go.

I am seeing all over the twitter but what is going on with Meek and Drake ? Why are they fighthing?

I am seeing all over the twitter but what is going on with Meek and Drake ? Why are they fighthing?

Isn't their "beef" from weeks ago?

Meek said Drake didn't write his own raps and Meek is mad Drake didn't tweet his album or some foolishness

Drake released two diss tracks..."Charged up" and "Back to Back"...days apart. Meek released a diss track and it was a complete struggle and he pulled off of sound cloud

If it's anything other than the above then I truly don't know (or care probably). This is just what I've gathered listening to The Breakfast Club and Sway on the way to work a couple of weeks ago

But speaking of rap, Straight Outta Compton was an excellent movie

Meek said Drake didn't write his own raps and Meek is mad Drake didn't tweet his album or some foolishness

Drake released two diss tracks..."Charged up" and "Back to Back"...days apart. Meek released a diss track and it was a complete struggle and he pulled off of sound cloud

If it's anything other than the above then I truly don't know (or care probably). This is just what I've gathered listening to The Breakfast Club and Sway on the way to work a couple of weeks ago

Thanks. Yes few weeks old but I am cathing up :D

Drake's real name is Aubrey. He's Canadian. Was on Degrassi for years. Really what kind of beef could he have with anyone?

Drake's real name is Aubrey. He's Canadian. Was on Degrassi for years. Really what kind of beef could he have with anyone?

I think that was part of the humor of it all. Drake writes the kind of rap music I listen to....aka not hard core at all. It's like picking a fight with the sweet old lady across the street. I even think they were giving his "diss" tracks more credit than they deserved, I mean I read for filth better than those tracks even on my off days.

It wasn't an entertaining rap beef of the 90s for sure.

Back