OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Okay so I need a little FB help...I am currently taking an environmental chemistry class and my professor is requiring us to post a blog entry on the class page that is "positive environmental news." I have no idea really where to look for an article to use and most everything I come across is negative news. So, if anyone knows of any recent (since the new year) positive environmental news or even where I should be looking to find it, I will be so thankful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I need a little FB help...I am currently taking an environmental chemistry class and my professor is requiring us to post a blog entry on the class page that is "positive environmental news." I have no idea really where to look for an article to use and most everything I come across is negative news. So, if anyone knows of any recent (since the new year) positive environmental news or even where I should be looking to find it, I will be so thankful!!

Does it HAVE to be since the beginning of the year? Because this was 4 months ago. Honeywell receives Audubon's highest award for Onondaga Lake cleanup | syracuse.com

Onondaga Lake is one of, if not (or was), the most polluted lake in the US and they are working to clean it up. Since the beginning of the year though, the process has had a few mishaps, which is why I ask does it have to be from the beginning of the year. A month and a half of environmental news doesn't really give you a lot to work with... Especially since environment stuff takes a long time.

ETA: Also, last April they said the lake could be clean enough to swim in which is crazy because my parents couldn't even swim in it when they were kids. It's been closed for swimming for almost 80 years because it was so polluted. It's like a huge step for Syracuse, it's really exciting!! :)

Last edited:

Study details environmental benefits of beavers - UPI.com
City of Brandon’s environmental initiatives recognized by FCM
Supreme Court decision may change how the EPA regulates hazardous air pollutants | Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Kuwait's first CO2 plant officially opened

Here is something that was posted a couple of hours ago..

RES Receives Business Achievement Award

I've been seeing a lot about this lately:
This Genius Bucket Sucks Trash And Oil Right Out Of The Sea

Morocco to switch on first phase of world's largest solar plant | Environment | The Guardian

Thank you so much everyone for all of the suggestions, I can't wait to read them and post them all for the class to read! (We can post more than 1, we just have to at least post 1)

I'm the editor for the opinion section of my college's newspaper and I'll I've written since I started in August are opinion pieces. I have to write a sports story (also my first sports story ever) and I've been staring at my screen for twenty minutes. I hate this, I forgot how hard pieces are to write when you don't want to do them LOL.

I'm the editor for the opinion section of my college's newspaper and I'll I've written since I started in August are opinion pieces. I have to write a sports story (also my first sports story ever) and I've been staring at my screen for twenty minutes. I hate this, I forgot how hard pieces are to write when you don't want to do them LOL.

I did straight news in college, but I blogged opinion on my own (and now do commentary writing for a living, ha)...I used to BEG the sports section to let me moonlight once a year in their section.

So I'm working with an intern from another department on this card/brochure thing for work. I did the first draft, both the other intern and I loved it but her boss apparently wants a "fun font"... The font I used was the official university typeface so I'm like so lost. What is qualified as a "fun font"? Tbh everything that's more "fun" doesn't look professional.

I'm half tempted to just use comic sans and call it a day.

So I'm working with an intern from another department on this card/brochure thing for work. I did the first draft, both the other intern and I loved it but her boss apparently wants a "fun font"... The font I used was the official university typeface so I'm like so lost. What is qualified as a "fun font"? Tbh everything that's more "fun" doesn't look professional.

Joker? Comic Sans (LOL)? Century Gothic isn't exactly fun, but it's clean and at least moderately professional.

This is a hard line to tow.

Joker? Comic Sans (LOL)? Century Gothic isn't exactly fun, but it's clean and at least moderately professional.

This is a hard line to tow.
I was using Gotham (which I love). I think I've settled on one that's actually pretty close to Century Gothic. I mean, this one has a fun name so that counts, right?

Go old school and pull out a bit of rainbow-colored WordArt.

Back