OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I plan on applying to nursing school after I've worked for a year or so (I'm in a medical assisting program right now thats done in Oct.) I did well on the HESI just couldn't pass the math part. :(

thats awesome! and thank you!! where all did you apply?
no problem!! I went to Baylor in Waco for two years, and then applied for the Baylor nursing program which is actually in Dallas and thankfully got in. but that's the only nursing school I applied to.

I plan on applying to nursing school after I've worked for a year or so (I'm in a medical assisting program right now thats done in Oct.) I did well on the HESI just couldn't pass the math part. :(
was it the HESI A2 entrance exam? I did pretty well on the math portion and would be more than willing to attempt to help with it!

My old gym officially started practicing in their new facility tonight! I'm so pumped for them. Our old facility (pictured below ft me in the back) had 4.5 panels of spring floor - the other wall is right behind the photographer if you can't tell. The gym has only been open this season and last season (so almost two) and already upgraded to the awesome facility in the second photo! It has a full dead mat and a full spring floor with a waiting room. I haven't seen it in person but definitely plan to go visit soon (carless college student problems). They had to do a lot of renovations and just cleaning of the facility so it's taken a while to get in there but how awesome for them to finally have a full floor to practice on! I'm also a big fan of the awesome giant banner because that's the kind of thing that in my mind is a "big gym" thing because I never cheered anywhere with custom stuff like that! And it looks so official. Okay sorry for the huge photos I'm just living vicariously through them
11083648_682880588523954_7465431594024596073_n.jpg

12524128_865598663585478_5688524847835742490_n.jpg

ETA My sister and my big are in nursing school - good luck to all of you! I know getting in is super competitive and the first semester is really tough (of course all are! But first semester, at least here, is known as the hardest). So best of luck to those of you applying and YOU CAN DO IT to those already in!

no problem!! I went to Baylor in Waco for two years, and then applied for the Baylor nursing program which is actually in Dallas and thankfully got in. but that's the only nursing school I applied to.

was it the HESI A2 entrance exam? I did pretty well on the math portion and would be more than willing to attempt to help with it!
Yes it was the A2! Hopefully now my MA classes have helped me with conversions and stuff because when i studied for the exam I was basically teaching myself.. :(

Yes. Im taking my Hesi soon. I have the book to study for the test. They pick 60 for the program. I just pray my grades are where they need to be to apply in May
I'll be praying for you! My program is on the same floor as the nursing program and theres SO many students! I cant imagine having a class that big! Let me now how your Hesi goes! Good luck! :)

@cheerbear @Angelica @U.E. Cheer

Its so weird hearing you guys talk about applying to nursing school. Is it common in other areas to have to take tests to get in? The school I go to has the top nursing school in the state and as long as you're direct admit to the program you don't have to take any of the tests you guys are talking about.

So Sweet! Unfortunately, I am that tax filer rushing to the post office at 11:30pm on April 15th...Delay, delay, until I ran out of time to file...I always must repay Uncle Sam and the State of NJ, who ever come up with this yearly tax shenanigan...Tire of this ADULT thing!

TurboTax is my life saver. I've filed my taxes 3 times with the free version online. And, you can E-file, so you don't have to print all the stuff out and get it to the post office. Granted, my taxes are simple (full time student, full time job, no assets). But, the system is so easy to use.

Its so weird hearing you guys talk about applying to nursing school. Is it common in other areas to have to take tests to get in? The school I go to has the top nursing school in the state and as long as you're direct admit to the program you don't have to take any of the tests you guys are talking about.
I know for Texas majority if not all schools require you to either take the TEAS IV or HESI A2 entrance exam to apply for the progam.

My oldest has friends in the undergraduate nursing programs at Michigan and at Quinnipiac. They just applied directly to the program. My alma mater, a NY state school, also has a nursing program that you applied to as a senior in high school or once you were an undergraduate, but no special entrance exams.

Ive realised what cheer has meant to me recently. (my grandfather died recently and that has made me think about life in another perspective.)

1. Ive learnt ALOT of american geography (before i started loving cheer and being on here i barely knew where North carolina was and know i know not only where it is but also what gyms are where.)
2. Ive learnt cheer language in not only ONE language but in TWO (most programs here in sweden use the swedish translations of words. some do use the english but most dont. some programs even count in swedish.) if someone wants a dictonary im willing to write one. whats better than learing a new language through cheer :p
3. My english has gotten alot better, its still not up to par but for being a not native speaker i think i can manage quite well
4. Some of you may know that i have Aspergers and cheer has become so inportant for me that im willing to do things no one with aspergers usually do. i want to go to the states BY MYSELF so i can watch a real american cheer comp live. Im also willingly going to the swedish nationals in May since they are pretty close to me (about 20 km) and im going both days. I would never do that jus a year ago. I also never wrote ANYTHING on the internet before. Not even on the other FB. Everyone on here has been so good to me that i find it easier now.

Cheer means absolutly everything to me and even though i have never cheered i can say im happy i found cheer and the Fierceboard. (and im fine by the way. the funeral was yesterday and i may be a bit down but i can manage.)

TurboTax is my life saver. I've filed my taxes 3 times with the free version online. And, you can E-file, so you don't have to print all the stuff out and get it to the post office. Granted, my taxes are simple (full time student, full time job, no assets). But, the system is so easy to use.

TurboTax for the win! I use it every year. I don't have a hot clue how taxes work in the US, but here, we have stuff that carries forward every year, and TurboTax just does it for me so I don't have to remember anything.

My oldest has friends in the undergraduate nursing programs at Michigan and at Quinnipiac. They just applied directly to the program. My alma mater, a NY state school, also has a nursing program that you applied to as a senior in high school or once you were an undergraduate, but no special entrance exams.

I am living in the wrong state then! Taking all the entrance testing is what makes it so hard! Plus if I dont get an A in A&P I may have a mini break down.

I am living in the wrong state then! Taking all the entrance testing is what makes it so hard! Plus if I dont get an A in A&P I may have a mini break down.

At my school as long as you maintain a BC average (so i think a 78?) on all tests you and you pass all of your nursing related classes with a C (pretty sure) you stay in the program. Obviously they lose a ton between freshman year and senior year, but thats partly because of how hard the program is.

I know for Texas majority if not all schools require you to either take the TEAS IV or HESI A2 entrance exam to apply for the progam.

My college (in Kansas) requires the TEAS test andI know that our nursing program is really good. That's about all that I know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back