OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Omg, 'the Family' is heating up! Literally every character except Matt Saracen is nuts!
I caught up on the new episode last night. It is still holding my attention! I should probably go back and rewatch but did the dad (or sister) plant the ship in the bottle, or did Hank actually have it because that is the one they were working on together?

I caught up on the new episode last night. It is still holding my attention! I should probably go back and rewatch but did the dad (or sister) plant the ship in the bottle, or did Hank actually have it because that is the one they were working on together?
He definitely planted a ship, then called 911 despite not bothering to disguise his voice, or be smart about it in any way.

These people are crazy, but are also really terrible at being criminal masterminds. Journalist girl, are you really gonna leave that research lying in plain sight, then invite the subject of the research around for a booty call, thus exposing yourself as a stalker?

Derailing from the sports talk for a bit:

@MOPSMommy1 @Eyes On The Prize (They only have two songs on this. But Lin mentioned on twitter that "One Last Time" is gonna be on the documentary, so there's that to look forward to.)
Skip to around 53:00 for the fun stuff:

Ok, I finally had a chance to listen to this this morning and I'm literally in love with the John Laurens/Marquis de Lafayette/Hercules Mulligan trio part from "Aaron Burr, Sir". The album version does not capture the beauty of that. I bet its amazing in person.

Anthony Ramos is still a freaking cutie though. And I'm dying to see the "One Last Time" performance. That is currently my favorite song on the entire album. I can't believe they are singing actual lines from Washington's Farewell Address. Lin, you're such an over achiever. You're amazing and I hate it.

It is! (He's more adorable during "Blow Us All Away".)
The album also doesn't capture the beauty of Leslie or Daveed's voices/energy. Especially during "The World Was Wide Enough".

I want to hate the overachieving, but I can't. I'll save that for if he manages to become the youngest person to EGOT.

Well, he's 3/4 of the way there. If he wins an oscar for the song he's writing for Moana he'll join the ranks. Finger's crossed. Richard Rogers had an EGOT and Hamilton is playing in the Richard Rogers Theater. It was destiny.

yesterday, I had my white coat ceremony for nursing school which signifies the beginning of our clinical experience. aka, I have my first clinical on thursday. aka it's the first day actually working in the hospital with a nurse preceptor and performing patient care!! so excited and nervous!

have fun! You got it !!

Do you think the summit is too big already?
Do you mean athlete #/size-wise? or big like "hyped up"?

If you mean size, short answer for me is yes. Long answer is an unpopular opinion. I always thought from day 1 it should have been senior divisions only. I know everyone hates me for that... but everyone who loves the Summit always advocated that the seniors who don't make it to level 5, "deserved an end of the season, World's-level prestige event to end their careers on." Having a billion less divisions to worry about would allow a much more streamlined and fair bid-awarding process and maybe even avoid burnout in the littles. If your skills max out at level 3 and you've been to the summit 6 times before you're even senior-eligible what goals do you have to strive for? What do you have to look forward to? Instead they added youth teams. Not long before mini's are invited too. Oh well.

Last edited:

If you mean size, short answer for me is yes. Long answer is an unpopular opinion. I always thought from day 1 it should have been senior divisions only. I know everyone hates me for that... but everyone who loves the Summit always advocated that the seniors who don't make it to level 5, "deserved an end of the season, World's-level prestige event to end their careers on." Having a billion less divisions to worry about would allow a much more streamlined and fair bid-awarding process and maybe even avoid burnout in the littles. If you're skills max out at level 3 and you've been to the summit 6 times before you're even senior-eligible what goals do you have to strive for? What do you have to look forward to? Instead they added youth teams. Not long before mini's are invited too. Oh well.
I couldn't agree more. D2 summit has 50 youth 1 teams. Our senior teams keep losing out to youth & junior teams so maybe I'm just bitter. I keep saying there isn't going to be any youth 1 teams left without a bid so we'll get one eventually but gosh every comp there are so many youth 1 teams. Maybe a senior team with an undefeated record (6-0) doesn't warrant a D2 bid but it's hard for our senior kids to understand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you mean size, short answer for me is yes. Long answer is an unpopular opinion. I always thought from day 1 it should have been senior divisions only. I know everyone hates me for that... but everyone who loves the Summit always advocated that the seniors who don't make it to level 5, "deserved an end of the season, World's-level prestige event to end their careers on." Having a billion less divisions to worry about would allow a much more streamlined and fair bid-awarding process and maybe even avoid burnout in the littles. If you're skills max out at level 3 and you've been to the summit 6 times before you're even senior-eligible what goals do you have to strive for? What do you have to look forward to? Instead they added youth teams. Not long before mini's are invited too. Oh well.

I don't hate you for that opinion. I still believe summit shouldn't be after worlds. Heck I think it should be at the end of March. Yes I know teams are still competing but at this rate kids aren't getting a break! By competing at the end of April they literally have one weekend off and then it's time for tryouts and parents to start shelling out money on practice wear, registration and tuition again.

I do like the concept of the summit though. I just see long seasons as a way of burning out kids

Opinion question.

The first weekend of March I broke my macbook display while traveling. I dropped it at a repair shop that Saturday, March 5. (My AppleCare is expired and Apple SERIOUSLY overcharges for repairs.) They said they don't handle those in store, so it would have to be sent away that Monday and take "a week to a week and a half, tops". I haven't heard back and I'm going out of town again this weekend and really need it back before then (I have a second job that is all after hours and all on the computer, so it's not just for recreational use.) They put me on with a technician who said it was back in his possession and the display is fine, but he discovered a camera issue that occurred during the repair process. So now they have to send it BACK to the initial repair techs to fix that, and wait for it to come back in. Probably going to be another week.

Should I ask for money off or something? I paid half when I dropped it off and the second half is due on pick up. The initial break was totally my fault of course. But it's gone WAY past the estimated deadline, and I'm pretty annoyed they didn't call to update me. Plus they admitted to straight up breaking it again, haha. I have no issues paying for the new display part that had to be replaced, but I'm not so sure I should be paying for the labor at this point.

Back