OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You need a badge to get into the building but it's not Fort Knox lol. Logic says someone who works there atleast assisted in the theft. It was most likely a planned thing, not a thing done on a whim. Like gofriars said, an iMac is a pretty large computer and you can't just carry it out without anyone noticing.

We reported it but there's nothing at this point we can do. There's no video cameras in the area that we know of and no way to track the iMac. The bright side is that out of all the iMacs they couldve taken, they took the oldest and most problematic one. Jokes on them I guess lol.

The office I interned at for several years had to get badges for all hours of the day because of a theft. My new internship locks the laptops to the desk (for interns at least)...Not sure why anyone would steal from their own employer especially if they have access to the computer during work hours but maybe that's just my naiveté..

The office I interned at for several years had to get badges for all hours of the day because of a theft. My new internship locks the laptops to the desk (for interns at least)...Not sure why anyone would steal from their own employer especially if they have access to the computer during work hours but maybe that's just my naiveté..
@Eyes On The Prize - It's most likely someone who knew about the computer, but didn't have the access. Do you guys have a cleaning crew, maintenance team, delivery people who are regularly around with little supervision? If so, that might be the answer.

Ugh I had spinal fusion surgery 5.5 weeks ago and the struggle is realllll. I'm at the gym for 5.25 hours on Tuesdays and 4.5 hours on Sundays and I'm in agony! I also had an athlete deliberately run and shove me from behind. I had to remind her that that's not allowed since I had surgery and her response was "I know". And then she tried to hit me right in my back from behind as well about 20 min later but my CIT caught her before she did it. I have no bending, lifting, or twisting restrictions for at least 3 months/ when surgeon lifts them. I can't lift more than 5-10 lbs. I can't sit for more than 20-30 min at a time as it puts too much pressure on the hardware that was placed and I can't walk too much either as it causes a flare up with my nerve pain. I use a wheelchair for days I'm going out and can't walk a lot. Groceries, mall, etc. First completion is 2nd weekend in December and I'm terrified at being in an arena standing all day. Should I bring my wheelchair for when I'm done coaching in practice gym and then competing their routine? I coach 3 teams but only one is attending this first competition! I'm stressed [emoji20]

Ugh I had spinal fusion surgery 5.5 weeks ago and the struggle is realllll. I'm at the gym for 5.25 hours on Tuesdays and 4.5 hours on Sundays and I'm in agony! I also had an athlete deliberately run and shove me from behind. I had to remind her that that's not allowed since I had surgery and her response was "I know". And then she tried to hit me right in my back from behind as well about 20 min later but my CIT caught her before she did it. I have no bending, lifting, or twisting restrictions for at least 3 months/ when surgeon lifts them. I can't lift more than 5-10 lbs. I can't sit for more than 20-30 min at a time as it puts too much pressure on the hardware that was placed and I can't walk too much either as it causes a flare up with my nerve pain. I use a wheelchair for days I'm going out and can't walk a lot. Groceries, mall, etc. First completion is 2nd weekend in December and I'm terrified at being in an arena standing all day. Should I bring my wheelchair for when I'm done coaching in practice gym and then competing their routine? I coach 3 teams but only one is attending this first competition! I'm stressed [emoji20]

Yes bring your wheelchair. It will always guarantee you have a place to sit when needed and if heavy crowds you can use it to keep from getting hit/bumped and possibly hurting yourself more

**See I can play nice with others**

Yes bring your wheelchair. It will always guarantee you have a place to sit when needed and if heavy crowds you can use it to keep from getting hit/bumped and possibly hurting yourself more

Ya I figured that would be easiest just sucks. I don't know what I'll do when they compete. It takes me so long to sit on the floor and to get back up lol

Ya I figured that would be easiest just sucks. I don't know what I'll do when they compete. It takes me so long to sit on the floor and to get back up lol

Teach another coach or parent at the gym how to properly help you up and down.

My wife has had 3 neck/back surgeries and there is nothing better you can do than to protect yourself while healing.

Teach another coach or parent at the gym how to properly help you up and down.

My wife has had 3 neck/back surgeries and there is nothing better you can do than to protect yourself while healing.

Hey can I PM you?

Wait, WHAT? Can I ask how old this athlete was?

Wait, WHAT? Can I ask how old this athlete was?

She's 5 ..I get kids just do they don't think but still not called for. I talked to her mom though and she's going to talk to her about keeping hands to ourselves. Worst case scenario I could have fallen and ended up in the ER or I could have popped a screw and needed emergency surgery. To be fair before and after surgery I seriously was concerned with whether or not I should be coaching a such young team that may not understand boundaries and that something like this could happen. I tried to get another coach to coach them instead and was told no.

Ugh I had spinal fusion surgery 5.5 weeks ago and the struggle is realllll. I'm at the gym for 5.25 hours on Tuesdays and 4.5 hours on Sundays and I'm in agony! I also had an athlete deliberately run and shove me from behind. I had to remind her that that's not allowed since I had surgery and her response was "I know". And then she tried to hit me right in my back from behind as well about 20 min later but my CIT caught her before she did it. I have no bending, lifting, or twisting restrictions for at least 3 months/ when surgeon lifts them. I can't lift more than 5-10 lbs. I can't sit for more than 20-30 min at a time as it puts too much pressure on the hardware that was placed and I can't walk too much either as it causes a flare up with my nerve pain. I use a wheelchair for days I'm going out and can't walk a lot. Groceries, mall, etc. First completion is 2nd weekend in December and I'm terrified at being in an arena standing all day. Should I bring my wheelchair for when I'm done coaching in practice gym and then competing their routine? I coach 3 teams but only one is attending this first competition! I'm stressed
emoji20.png

I have also had that type of a surgery 5 years ago(i have scoliosis) and i can see where you come from. i did not get a wheel hair though. spent a week in hospitals and a month at home on sick leave. i think you should bring your wheelchair. Hoping you get well soon and take care. I still hae compliations from my surgery since i did not do as muh physical therapy as i should have and have weak musles in my back still but it is getting better now.

I have also had that type of a surgery 5 years ago(i have scoliosis) and i can see where you come from. i did not get a wheel hair though. spent a week in hospitals and a month at home on sick leave. i think you should bring your wheelchair. Hoping you get well soon and take care. I still hae compliations from my surgery since i did not do as muh physical therapy as i should have and have weak musles in my back still but it is getting better now.

I have scoliosis too but I didn't have a fusion for that I had fusion for spondylolisthesis so the procedures are a bit different since there's more involved. I have permanent nerve damage from my discs being so herniated/bulged and compressor my nerves and pushing into my spinal cord (forwminal snd spinal stenosis).
I have restrictions for at least three months and I don't even know if they'll be lifted by the competition date since it depends on my surgeon appt. I was supposed to be off work for 4 months as well but we all know what cheer is like. Hard to take 3 months off and expect to be able to coach a team you've missed so much time for.

I wish the wheelchair wasn't needed at all but I still can't walk for very long without being in agony.

Sigh! Hospital was the worst though wasn't it?! My mom and gma brought me food everyday since there's was terrible!

I have scoliosis too but I didn't have a fusion for that I had fusion for spondylolisthesis so the procedures are a bit different since there's more involved. I have permanent nerve damage from my discs being so herniated/bulged and compressor my nerves and pushing into my spinal cord (forwminal snd spinal stenosis).
I have restrictions for at least three months and I don't even know if they'll be lifted by the competition date since it depends on my surgeon appt. I was supposed to be off work for 4 months as well but we all know what cheer is like. Hard to take 3 months off and expect to be able to coach a team you've missed so much time for.

I wish the wheelchair wasn't needed at all but I still can't walk for very long without being in agony.

Sigh! Hospital was the worst though wasn't it?! My mom and gma brought me food everyday since there's was terrible!

Oh ok. I feel bad or you. scoliosis is bad enough. could not fantom having mulitiple back problems. i had restrictions for like hard activity for six months after surgery but i culd like do normal stuff after 2.5 months aslong as i was areful i could just not do real training and lift heavy stuff and do stuff where there was a risk for injury so no riding bicycles. I hope that you get better soon. cheer is a hard sport being off from yes I am not a oah nor have i ever been a cheerleader but have been a fan for so long now that i know more stuff about this sport. In sweden hospital food is actually not that bad. but i got snacks and sodas from my parents and grandma too. i need my sugar :p

Oh ok. I feel bad or you. scoliosis is bad enough. could not fantom having mulitiple back problems. i had restrictions for like hard activity for six months after surgery but i culd like do normal stuff after 2.5 months aslong as i was areful i could just not do real training and lift heavy stuff and do stuff where there was a risk for injury so no riding bicycles. I hope that you get better soon. cheer is a hard sport being off from yes I am not a oah nor have i ever been a cheerleader but have been a fan for so long now that i know more stuff about this sport. In sweden hospital food is actually not that bad. but i got snacks and sodas from my parents and grandma too. i need my sugar :p

Ya my back sucks! Haha ya I start PT at 3 months and I can't really do much until my back fuses together and that could take up to 18 months lol

Ya hospital food here is ok at some hospitals but the good hospital with the good food my surgeon doesn't work out of! I can't ride a bike until I'm fully fused. I wish though! I love biking. My mom brought me a Starbucks in the hospital and that was the first day I walked around and did steps with OT and I threw up the whole frap! Lol

Last edited:
Ya my back sucks! Haha ya I start PT at 3 months and I can't really do much until my back uses together and that could take up to 18 months lol

Ya hospital food here is ok at some hospitals but the good hospital with the good food my surgeon doesn't work out of! I can't ride a bike until I'm fully fused. I wish though! I love biking. My mom brought me a Starbucks in the hospital and that was the first day I walked around and did steps with OT and I threw up the whole frap! Lol

My back fused together at like a year but it is not fully healed until after like 5 years.. so anyday now :p (I think its the muscles that need that time to heal.) i have permanent loss of feeling at the skinarea between my shoulderblades and a bit down. im going to my doctor in about a month to do my 5 year chechup and im going to ask him if there is anything to be done about that.

Oh not good about the starbucks.. We have like 1 starbucks in the town close to me and there are like 10-15 in the entire ountry so i would be ery upset about that but walking again is har. it took me like three days to even walk a little but after that i was up and walking like almost normal in like a day. but i am stubborn like no one else so maybe thats why.

you can always pm me so that we dont hijak the enire thread if you want.

Back