OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I finally got my new insurance card from my dad (I was kicked off my old insurance the month I turned 19) and was SO happy because I could finally get my Vyvanse prescription refilled (I have had 30 pills since October and have been saving them for when I really need them... and they lasted until now.) So, after being at the doctors office for 3 hours doing all of these ridiculous tests, I go to get my prescription refilled and MY NEW INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER IT. Not a single cent. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't $600... and there is no generic, and Adderall doesn't work for me. I am soooooo upset. I've been on it since middle school and I can't focus on anything when I don't take it, and I absolutely can't afford it. :(
Put in an appeal to your insurance company immediately. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times of fighting with them but they may still approve it, especially since there is no generic version and alternates do not work. My oldest used to use an allergy nasal spray called Rhinocort and that was the only thing that worked for her; we fought when they stopped covering it and it was approved.

i could put this somewhere in the allstar section, dont know if i wanted to start a new thread for it though. but im curious as to what others NCA predictions are, anyone have any?

SOS all my pipes are frozen. I can't shower or flush the toilet. or make tea. I sacrificed the remaining water in my Brita for my dog...

this is the longest winter of my life.

SOS all my pipes are frozen. I can't shower or flush the toilet. or make tea. I sacrificed the remaining water in my Brita for my dog...

this is the longest winter of my life.
Omg I feel your pain! I share a house with 5 other girls and I have my own bathroom (which was awesome ya know... Until the pipes froze the other day). Now we are sharing one bathroom because my landlord turned off the water in my bathroom because "the pipes will just freeze again" after he used a space heater to get them working again. I'm so annoyed, and he is probably not turning the water back on for two weeks now because next week is break.

I finally got my new insurance card from my dad (I was kicked off my old insurance the month I turned 19) and was SO happy because I could finally get my Vyvanse prescription refilled (I have had 30 pills since October and have been saving them for when I really need them... and they lasted until now.) So, after being at the doctors office for 3 hours doing all of these ridiculous tests, I go to get my prescription refilled and MY NEW INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER IT. Not a single cent. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't $600... and there is no generic, and Adderall doesn't work for me. I am soooooo upset. I've been on it since middle school and I can't focus on anything when I don't take it, and I absolutely can't afford it. :(
Call different pharmacies. The price difference can be amazing. It usually runs about $300 for my oldest. She is on 40mg daily.

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning and I have thrown up all day long. I didn't expect it to be this bad. ):
Are you taking pain meds? They make some people sick.

Mix Gatorade and sprite and sip on it slowly. Remember, no straws.

When you can keep that down, move on to saltines or dry toast.

I hope that you are home and your mom can take care of you.

saltine crackers and water are your best friend for the first day or two.
Are you taking pain meds? They make some people sick.

Mix Gatorade and sprite and sip on it slowly. Remember, no straws.

When you can keep that down, move on to saltines or dry toast.

I hope that you are home and your mom can take care of you.

Thank you both, the dentist put me on percocets, we thought I would be fine with those because I took them with my knee surgery but he gave me a really high dosage so I think that's why I'm so sick.

Thank you both, the dentist put me on percocets, we thought I would be fine with those because I took them with my knee surgery but he gave me a really high dosage so I think that's why I'm so sick.
I was the same way for Percocet. Weird! When I got my wisdom teeth out I had an awful reaction similar to yours. I stuck to water and mashed up popsicles until the symptoms subsided. But then my knee surgeon had me try it again 2 years later when I had knee surgery and I was completely fine!

That's pretty interesting you were kicked off at 19. The Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") mandates that children be permitted to stay on their parents' plan until they turn 26, regardless if they're a student or not. You could be removed by a parent (I was, after I got a big girl job), but you shouldn't have been removed because you turned 19.

Back