OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Thank you both, the dentist put me on percocets, we thought I would be fine with those because I took them with my knee surgery but he gave me a really high dosage so I think that's why I'm so sick.
If you can deal without it, don't take them. Ice and just regular tylenol. For me the pain from throwing up was worse than the pain from the actual surgery. I have a super weak stomach and threw up so much that my holes never properly closed. I ended up with dry sockets and had to make 3 more trips to the oral surgeon to deal with them. I don't wish my wisdom teeth experience on anyone, so I'll definitely be praying for your quick recovery!

If you can deal without it, don't take them. Ice and just regular tylenol. For me the pain from throwing up was worse than the pain from the actual surgery. I have a super weak stomach and threw up so much that my holes never properly closed. I ended up with dry sockets and had to make 3 more trips to the oral surgeon to deal with them. I don't wish my wisdom teeth experience on anyone, so I'll definitely be praying for your quick recovery!
Dry socket is excruciating! I had it too so I agree you can even take a Advil and a Tylenol one each of extra strength. One for swelling and the other for pain. If the Tylenol doesn't do anything for pain though you can always get in contact with the Dr or pharmacist can contact to switch you to a lower dose or something else.

I don't know if this will be of any use to you.. But the company that produces Vyvanse has a program that offers some kind of assistance if your income falls under a certain amount. Patient Support
I don't qualify for shire. :( My parents still claim me, and my dad makes too much for me to qualify. but thank you!
Don't insurance companies have to keep you on your parents insurance until you're 26 if you're a full time student? Or did your mom take you off?
my mom was unemployed until recently so I had cover kids, which kicks you off the month of your 19th birthday. I turned 19 on October 6th, and my insurance expired November 1st. I'm now on my dad's insurance, which my policy didn't start until January 1st.
Call different pharmacies. The price difference can be amazing. It usually runs about $300 for my oldest. She is on 40mg daily.
I'm on 70 mg daily and my dads insurance does online pharmacies (stupidest thing IMO) so we get 90 day prescriptions, which is why its $600. It would be more expensive to do 30 days at a time and it was like pulling teeth when I asked my new dr if I could have a 90 day prescription...
You should check with the manufacturer and see if they help with the cost since your insurance doesn't cover it. You can also check to see if you are able to get "exceptions" made for certain prescriptions.

eta- @RobinSparkles Beat me too it! lol
My insurance company said I don't fall under the exceptions that make it covered. So frustrating!
Put in an appeal to your insurance company immediately. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times of fighting with them but they may still approve it, especially since there is no generic version and alternates do not work. My oldest used to use an allergy nasal spray called Rhinocort and that was the only thing that worked for her; we fought when they stopped covering it and it was approved.
We've appealed it, and I'll tell my dad to keep appealing it. He's an attorney so I'm hoping he can somehow find a way to get them to cover it... or atleast a part of it.

@SmileyRyleigh

Sometimes the company will have vouchers for a discount on meds. I know that they have them for Vyvanse because we didn't have insurance for a couple of months when my husband switched jobs and we got one at the doctor's office. So, you may not qualify for their low-cost program, they may help you out with some vouchers/coupons.

I finally got my new insurance card from my dad (I was kicked off my old insurance the month I turned 19) and was SO happy because I could finally get my Vyvanse prescription refilled (I have had 30 pills since October and have been saving them for when I really need them... and they lasted until now.) So, after being at the doctors office for 3 hours doing all of these ridiculous tests, I go to get my prescription refilled and MY NEW INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER IT. Not a single cent. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't $600... and there is no generic, and Adderall doesn't work for me. I am soooooo upset. I've been on it since middle school and I can't focus on anything when I don't take it, and I absolutely can't afford it. :(
I don't know if someone already suggested this but go online, search vyvanse, the drug company may have coupons that will make it cheaper. If they do, it's usually for a few doses. When the coupons run out contact the company and tell them you need their medication but it's not covered, they may offer more financial support. I've done this with multiple medications.

I'm so excited to see Nastia! Her floor routine was always so elegant, I can see her doing an amazing job on dwts.

And her gymnastics background is going to give her a leg up on all the strength, form, etc and I think we'll get to see some really creative dances. Especially since she's being paired with Derek who comes up with the most amazing dances. Gahhh I can't wait to see what they come up with.

I'm also excited to that kid from Glee and the girl who plays Prim in The Hunger Games compete on the dance floor this season.

my mom was unemployed until recently so I had cover kids, which kicks you off the month of your 19th birthday. I turned 19 on October 6th, and my insurance expired November 1st. I'm now on my dad's insurance, which my policy didn't start until January 1st.

We have the same birthday! Except I turned 24. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG so I found the starbucks cupholders for the Target carts today...apparently you have to grab them from a box and then snap it on. I was so excited! My bank, however, was not after the new Cinderella line came home with me for my girls.

Omg I feel your pain! I share a house with 5 other girls and I have my own bathroom (which was awesome ya know... Until the pipes froze the other day). Now we are sharing one bathroom because my landlord turned off the water in my bathroom because "the pipes will just freeze again" after he used a space heater to get them working again. I'm so annoyed, and he is probably not turning the water back on for two weeks now because next week is break.

ugh that stinks, but at least you have an alternative! I have one toilet and one shower and two sinks. all have no water. my pipes are in a walk out "basement" underneath my apartment and that door was accidentally left open int he negative 40 last night, which is why they froze. they got them to defrost early this afternoon and as soon as they defrosted water started shooting out in five different places. luckily they caught it before the whole pipe burst, but now my water supply is turned off while they replace everything.

it's cool. I'll just be dirty and be that girl in class who doesn't shower. I may or may not have pulled an icicle off of my gutter and put it in my dogs dish so he can have some water. awesome parenting right there :p

Last edited:
Back