New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who is excited about trying or throwing a new skill this year?

Did you hit it at tryouts? Try it and get close? What's the next new skill you are going to be working for this summer?

I was very excited for my CP at tryouts yesterday. She thew her 3 to double very high and Courtney said "she should try her 2 to double". (Courtney is great at constantly challenging kids to do better). So Megan tried one with a spot, then landed it by herself.

I know there are more excited kids and parents out there. . . .

My CP is on a mini level 1 team and this is her second year of cheerleading. This year her tumbling and cheerleading skills have imporved tremendously. She has learned how to do a cartwheel, roundoff, backbend kickover and bacl walkover. She is workign on a back handspring. I am excited to see her perform all her tumbling and also learn how to do her back hand spring. :) Cant wait.

Cartwheel-off this Sunday? Maybe they'll let us do it on the SPRING FLOOR!!!!! I'll call ahead to the hospital and let them know I'm coming...

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen cp's running forward roll on the tumble track...:cheering:

You are killin' me! Love it!!!

On tuesday I landed a 1 to full double, I say landed and not got because its still a work in progress and definitely not a solid skill.. I was more surprised than anyone just because I didnt think that I would get any new skills after a whip double. Just goes to show you that anything is possible if you just believe.

Off topic I know but are you a senior this year?

I had a REALLY long mental block (over 5 years) so it's taken me a while to really get to the point where I'm progressing in tumbling. Last night, I changed the direction I spin in my full and they were 100x better. My coach said he's WAY more confident in it and it looks really good.. Hopefully I'll be throwing it without a spot soon!

I finally got my kick double at practice Sunday just in time for NCA this weekend!:) I was just put in the basket section after our first competition in Novemeber and I barely had a kick full so I am rather proud of myself for finally being able to do it! It's not very good but hopefully it will get better:)

And I got over my issue on my full and my standing tuck:)

Back