New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just got my full last week (again). I was a gymnast from when I was 2 to when I was 12. I had my full then but it was AWFUL and then I had a mental block so I had to relearn it. But now it's back and it's a lot better and I'm working FHS punchfront thrus, whips to layouts and fulls, perfecting my kinda crappy hand hand layout, and working hand hand fulls. :)

I am hoping to learn enough new skills over the summer that I will be able to compete in my first partner stunt comp next season :)

After over a year of not being able to land jumps to back, I tried a pike back and a hurdler back and landed them both! But I still can't land a toe back -_-

I just disassembled my complete iphone changed the display and put it back together! I think that counts, haha. :D

Jule I just started doing my back tuck unspotted off the airtrak into a crash mat and thought of you. How's your tuck coming along?

Jule I just started doing my back tuck unspotted off the airtrak into a crash mat and thought of you. How's your tuck coming along?

Yaay, way to go!!

Well, on sunday I was able to use spring floor for 20 min an let my friend just give me a very light spot... landed on all four 2 times and rolled my ankle a little. -.-
But I tried again yesterday at practice and actually hit it pretty well with a more experienced spotter on dead mats yesterday.

So it seems as if I really need to work on tucking faster. I know it but I just don't know how to improve, it's killing me! :mad:

Today I'll be at a tricking/acrobatics practice and look into that cause the 5-10 min of tumbling at the beginning of every cheer practice don't seem to be enough to really improve. :confused: Aaaand on sunday I will be at a one-day tumbling camp. Yay, sooo looking foreward to that (even with the 90° temperatures that we'll supposedly have ^^)!

:)

Y3 hitting switch ups and high-low-high tock tocks (both done legally for level 3 of course!). Not too shabby for only a few practices in!! Did I mention majority of this group was Y1 last season? :) LOVE a team with a huge drive! Guess we gotta come up with some harder stuff for these girls...

With choreography happening right now, I was put into a spot, where I have to do a backwalkover that is spotted. Now I know that this is nothing special but for me it is (I'm 30 and have never really tried any tumbling until recently). I let go of my fear and went for it and: it actually got easier and better!
I'm now at a point where I'm not deathly scared to fall backwards onto my hands and the whole movement is getting smoother, whohooo! :D

Jule how's your tuck going? I just did my first two by myself! Almost landed on my face! But the important part is I didn't… and I did them :D

Back