New Tlc Cheer Perfection

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 4, 2012
I noticed that some of you were actually waiting to see the show before totally condeming it. Thanks my GD cheers there! She is not featured but is a friend and attends school with oldest daughter. Their coach is one of the sweetest people I know. Sorry that you think the uniforms are tacky that is sounding a little AbbyLee &Candy Apple lady! There do wear glitter sparkles a lot of these girl do pagaents and win big not just coaches daughters. It is a small suburb but there are three Cheer Time Revolution gyms in state. It is not always biggest is best so just give them a chance. Someone wanted to know which competitions they won Nationals at several of the teams won more than one National champ. last season including my GD squad. Don't know who you consider big time but first was in Branson last in New Orleans. They got Jackets and stuff. You know it makes it much easier for critics of Comp Cheer to score points when there is this kind of mean talk before series starts! I know that a lot of the cheerleaders in New Orleans follow Toddlers and Tiaras because they asked the girls for autographs. My GD's do competitive dance and a lot of competitions won't allow Abby Lee to enter because of editing but that is LifeTime. I know that all competitive squads have coaches that yell at kids. I'm sure most of you spend time yelling at your kids to pick socks and shoes. Just give it a chance . If you don't like it don't watch it. RAH RAH

Not sure if this was a vent or just trying to explain the gym, but I'll respond. I'm sure there are lovely people at the gym and coaches that care about the kids etc., but this post doesn't make me any less worried about the show. Key things that concern me:
-The association of pageants with competitive cheer here
-TLC being the editors....while they may not be the masterminds of Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras certainly shows off the worst of the pageant world. In a sport where we strive so hard to have the world take us seriously, I am concerned that this will be edited to make us look like a joke. The possibility of this is extremely frustrating.
-A very small view of the Allstar Cheerleading world..... "Nationals" such as Branson and New Orleans can be great for smaller gyms or local teams, but certainly are not the elite world champion caliber "National Championships" such as NCA nationals in Dallas, Cheersport in Atlanta, or Jamfest Supernationals in Indianapolis, let alone USASF worlds in Orlando. If that is all the world sees of our sport, the general public will not associate All star Cheerleading with the best our sport has to offer. Just as an example, watch CTR level 4 vs. level 4 at the most competitive level....while I respect both teams for their skills, there is a different level of cleanliness, routine choreography, and difficulty between the two even though both are "level 4". This does not even go into level 5 routines, of which I included as a 3rd link example:
CTR level 4 WSA Nationals Cheer Time Revolution Senior Co-Ed level 4 - YouTube
Stingrays level 4 Stingray All Stars Frost - CS Nat'ls 2010 (Day 1) - YouTube
California level 5 California Allstars Smoed Worlds 2012 - YouTube

No disrespect to the athletes at CTR or staff, but many of us on the boards are genuinely very concerned about the result of this show's airing on the kids and allstar community. Not all fame is good fame, and while there may be some positives that come out of a TLC show, there is also the possibility for many negatives. Only time will tell how this affects the sport.

I am guessing that you are a very loving grandma that is trying to stick up for her granddaughter. My advice to you would be to take everything that is said on these boards with a grain of salt.......remember that we have a large mix of people on here from the very young to the wise old where they can and will express their opinions, since this show is now in the public eye. Some will have more tact than others in their responses. I also suggest that you take the opportunity to learn more about this sport on the boards, as we can be a quite an informative and enriching place.

Im confused... this thread hasnt help me grasp one bit on information about the show...

I'm sorry.....what?

Not sure if this was a vent or just trying to explain the gym, but I'll respond. I'm sure there are lovely people at the gym and coaches that care about the kids etc., but this post doesn't make me any less worried about the show. Key things that concern me:
-The association of pageants with competitive cheer here
-TLC being the editors....while they may not be the masterminds of Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras certainly shows off the worst of the pageant world. In a sport where we strive so hard to have the world take us seriously, I am concerned that this will be edited to make us look like a joke. The possibility of this is extremely frustrating.
-A very small view of the Allstar Cheerleading world..... "Nationals" such as Branson and New Orleans can be great for smaller gyms or local teams, but certainly are not the elite world champion caliber "National Championships" such as NCA nationals in Dallas, Cheersport in Atlanta, or Jamfest Supernationals in Indianapolis, let alone USASF worlds in Orlando. If that is all the world sees of our sport, the general public will not associate All star Cheerleading with the best our sport has to offer. Just as an example, watch CTR level 4 vs. level 4 at the most competitive level....while I respect both teams for their skills, there is a different level of cleanliness, routine choreography, and difficulty between the two even though both are "level 4". This does not even go into level 5 routines, of which I included as a 3rd link example:
CTR level 4 WSA Nationals Cheer Time Revolution Senior Co-Ed level 4 - YouTube
Stingrays level 4 Stingray All Stars Frost - CS Nat'ls 2010 (Day 1) - YouTube
California level 5 California Allstars Smoed Worlds 2012 - YouTube

No disrespect to the athletes at CTR or staff, but many of us on the boards are genuinely very concerned about the result of this show's airing on the kids and allstar community. Not all fame is good fame, and while there may be some positives that come out of a TLC show, there is also the possibility for many negatives. Only time will tell how this affects the sport.

I am guessing that you are a very loving grandma that is trying to stick up for her granddaughter. My advice to you would be to take everything that is said on these boards with a grain of salt.......remember that we have a large mix of people on here from the very young to the wise old where they can and will express their opinions, since this show is now in the public eye. Some will have more tact than others in their responses. I also suggest that you take the opportunity to learn more about this sport on the boards, as we can be a quite an informative and enriching place.

"cupieqt, post: 607810, member: 8769"]I had to guess at a lot of things. Incomplete sentences and fragmented thoughts always leave my head spinning. :confused:[/quote]

Well I watched the show at least as much as I could stomach . I can't beleive what trash this is they are totally making everthing up. The Mom's do not fight they are best friends they don't cuss and they don't go out for drinks. My grandaughter was upset and asked why did they show them doing things like this it is not true. I guess I was giving TLC too much credit. I can't beleive one Mom let a Dr. tell her child she was fat on national TV. She is going to have a hard time going back to school. Even though my granddaughter was in a couple of shots I don't think I canwatch this again.

Well I watched the show at least as much as I could stomach . I can't beleive what trash this is they are totally making everthing up. The Mom's do not fight they are best friends they don't cuss and they don't go out for drinks. My grandaughter was upset and asked why did they show them doing things like this it is not true. I guess I was giving TLC too much credit. I can't beleive one Mom let a Dr. tell her child she was fat on national TV. She is going to have a hard time going back to school. Even though my granddaughter was in a couple of shots I don't think I canwatch this again.
Cheer Imperfection...a show so bad even a cheer grandma can't watch.

Well I watched the show at least as much as I could stomach . I can't beleive what trash this is they are totally making everthing up. The Mom's do not fight they are best friends they don't cuss and they don't go out for drinks..

Well, everyone has a price. Some cheer mom friends and I were discussing this yesterday at the gym. for $10,000 (or whatever) an episode I might be persuaded to stage a fight with my friend and trash talk her on tv. we'd both know the other wasn't serious, and if anyone who didn't know us believed it, who cares?

At the same time, you couldn't pay me to humiliate my child, so it would probably never happen. I'm thinking these moms didn't think it through that far. they thought TV = $$ = fame. they probably just don't care what it cost them in return.

I don't like it at all. Obviously I'm going to watch it cause it has something to do with cheer (who wouldn't on a wednesday night :p) but i know I'm gonna be cringing through it. This doesnt do any good to our sport :(

I was excited about this show until I realized that it was going to turn out like another Dance Moms. I'm sick of watching feuds between parents and hearing them trash-talk about each other. I wish this show focused more on the actual sport instead of the fabricated drama.

Back