New To All Of This

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't even know where to start. My daughter is 7 and a half and is just starting out.

We started classes about 2.5 - 3 months ago. Started with a cartwheel(ish) and now has her Round-off BHS and standing BHS. (Working on consistent DBHS)

Talked to a mom on the team a while back and she said there WAS NO WAY that she wouldn't be on a Level one mini team.
Well, just got the results last weekend from Tryouts - and she's going to be on Level 2!
She will not only be the smallest on the team, but also the youngest and the newest.

I'm not sure what to expect. AT ALL.

Any tips and tricks for keeping my sanity?
Run now. Allstar is like the Hotel California. You can come, but you can never leave. Haha. -signed 10 seasons under my belt...4 to go.

Avoid Cheerlebrity Christina, AKA the mom who is pretty sure her kid is the best thing on earth and needs a meet and greet because she's sooooooo cheer famous... Honey your kid is 11 and in J3, she's not famous.

Also Carpool Casey, the mom who you never see at the gym and you've met mate nice but she thinks "your such a great parent! I s bad that I work full time! Could you possibly pick up my kid and carpool her to practice tomorrow? I'll be in a meeting and otherwise Suzy won't be able to make it! I promise I'll return the favor! Maybe turn this into a regular thing? Thanks a bunch! Your awesome!" And you never speak to her again except when she texts her every day to pick up her kid/take her home... DONT EVER DRIVE HER KID ANYWHERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO SO FOR THE WHILE SEASON AND THEN BE STUCK WITH THE KID ON OUT OF TOWN TRIPS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget One Upper Olivia!

She is the one who always has to one up another parent.

Example: "You guys, so excited! Madison made Varsity this year on her second try!"

One Upper Olivia: "Katie has been on Varsity since 9th grade."

Her best friend is Debbie Downer. Debbie has a downer response to anyone who has positive news about their kid.

You: "Guys, Brittany has her full now!"

Debbie Downer: "Too bad Coach Mike won't put kids with fulls on 5R until they have jumps to full and kick fulls. Besides, Brittany is only 10. Most kids on 5R have to be 11 here."

Last edited:
Back