All-Star New To Jam Live

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I did notice that the layout was different this year, and yes, the sight lines were bad. Last year it was in the hall at the opposite end of the convention center.

Not my favorite comp, but at least it's close to home. Also cheap admission, and if you're in a late session you can take advantage of $5 parking.

we did jamlive as our first comp - and I personally did not care for the format. I like the red carpet entrance thing and would not mind more fun like that but I think you could accomplish the leader lounge with a more traditional awards - call all teams back up and then announcement placements - until last team is in there. But the total dismissal - if you did not top the leader (we took second but no real acknowledgement of that) I did not care for. At the end of the day only one comp format - and atleast something a bit different.

Experiencing my first JamLive competition this weekend. Intrigued to say the least.

I'm surprised so many didn't like it. It's one of the favorites at our gym whether they win or not.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm surprised so many didn't like it. It's one of the favorites at our gym whether they win or not.

Ditto. This has always been our favorite competition of the entire season. My kids were so disappointed the year their gym didn't go.

I liked it too! It's a favorite here.
Now the louisville one was rough because we couldn't really breathe in the convention center, but the competition itself was fun and a good way to change it up. The only parts I didn't like were that you never had full placements announced, and you could see the team before you go. One team in our division dropped due to weather so we were only against the one team and watching the team we compete against makes me anxious. But I'm sure some people like it.

I liked it too! It's a favorite here.
Now the louisville one was rough because we couldn't really breathe in the convention center, but the competition itself was fun and a good way to change it up. The only parts I didn't like were that you never had full placements announced, and you could see the team before you go. One team in our division dropped due to weather so we were only against the one team and watching the team we compete against makes me anxious. But I'm sure some people like it.

That was a rough one because so many teams dropped out. Our day 2 teams did because of the lovely ice storm.

That was a rough one because so many teams dropped out. Our day 2 teams did because of the lovely ice storm.
Yep. My team competed day 2 so only against 1 team. My mom and I ended up staying in louisville another night bc of the storm. Luckily school was cancelled for me anyway so I didn't miss anything!
The convention center smelled pretty bad on Saturday if you noticed, but it was 100 times worse on Sunday.

We did one in Boston 4-5 years ago and it was awful. Did one a few weekends ago in DC and it was fine. The kids for the most part enjoyed it and the whole Leader's Lounge concept is at least something different. It's definitely a better comp for those who win or come close than for those who compete and are finished.

Had my first JamLive experience this weekend. I liked it, my mom didn't. My sister (the competitor) was indifferent but she's moody and has trouble caring about anything these days, haha. Even after they won she was still like -_________-

My sister is on a youth team, so we were there at the crack of dawn. I will agree with whoever said the concept works a lot better for junior/senior teams than it does with youth and below. My sister is one of the oldest on her team and I explained the concept to her pretty well before hand, but most of the girls on her team had no idea what was going on. And bless the tinys and minis, they were clueless. Junior/senior teams seemed to enjoy it very much. I liked the concept and think it's a cool option as an alternative to "normal" competitions.

Had my first JamLive experience this weekend. I liked it, my mom didn't. My sister (the competitor) was indifferent but she's moody and has trouble caring about anything these days, haha. Even after they won she was still like -_________-

My sister is on a youth team, so we were there at the crack of dawn. I will agree with whoever said the concept works a lot better for junior/senior teams than it does with youth and below. My sister is one of the oldest on her team and I explained the concept to her pretty well before hand, but most of the girls on her team had no idea what was going on. And bless the tinys and minis, they were clueless. Junior/senior teams seemed to enjoy it very much. I liked the concept and think it's a cool option as an alternative to "normal" competitions.
Our juniors looooved it. I think we (seniors) appreciated the format and immediate score more than the theatrics but for the younger girls they just loved the red carpet and getting to feel like celebrities. Our teams hit great and I think both our level 2s got their highest scores of the season there... Maybe it's the atmosphere because it happened last year too :)

Back