All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Shimmy x10.

I think it all depends on your mental image of things like 'cute' 'pretty' 'hot' 'sexy' and 'beautiful.' The first makes me think decent looks and a sweet personality, the second good looks and a great personality, the next two are more about the face/body and less about your personality (ie- Meghan Fox is considered 'sexy' to some and apparently has the personality of a troll), while beautiful- beautiful makes you feel like a GODDESS. Like you look your absolute best, your personality is stunning, and your confidence is through the ROOF. When I get told I look beautiful (especially by the man lol), you need to tie me down to a battleship I'm floating so high haha

Now, there are connotations in which 'sexy' has more to do with your confidence in your looks and personality instead of just straight hotness..but I'd rather not bank on that type of comment giving me satisfaction.
I would rather have a guy call me beautiful instead of sexy... there IS a difference

If you are a minor, which are all the athlete that aren't 18 already on senior teams, then you do NOT need to look sexy really EVER. You don't need to look sexy to have great skill or show off that great skill. Louisville, HPU, SFA, UK, and all the other amazing programs out there do not have "sexy" uniforms that show off too much and their talent is through the roof. Stingrays have simple and amazing uniforms with talent through the roof without looking "sexy". The thought of cheer and sexy going hand in hand makes me cringe.

This worries me. Do people really think uniforms should be sexy? When we designed our uniforms, we wanted them to look athletic, clean, and be visual on the mat. I actually was aiming for the exact opposite of sexy- kids wear these...

I think a lot of people say that but dont mean it. The tg uni from worlds last year? The fierce uni? TG i5?
Say what you want but these uniforms emphasize something on the girls and their athleticism aint it.

Im ok with crop tops since theyre so much a part of a culture. But if we wanna be taken seriously we need to get a serious. Smokey eye and red lip, crop top that covers most of the girl, and a longish skirt would make people on the outside view us as more serious than a tube top and glitter eyes, and spandex shorts.

You dont need to show skin to win people. Some programs dont (Rays, GA, CEA, C4) and do just fine with a top that covers and a skirt.
Lets let the athleticism make the team, not the skimpyness. JMO

I think a lot of people say that but dont mean it. The tg uni from worlds last year? The fierce uni? TG i5?
Say what you want but these uniforms emphasize something on the girls and their athleticism aint it.

Im ok with crop tops since theyre so much a part of a culture. But if we wanna be taken seriously we need to get a serious. Smokey eye and red lip, crop top that covers most of the girl, and a longish skirt would make people on the outside view us as more serious than a tube top and glitter eyes, and spandex shorts.

You dont need to show skin to win people. Some programs dont (Rays, GA, CEA, C4) and do just fine with a top that covers and a skirt.
Lets let the athleticism make the team, not the skimpyness. JMO

I replied to the wrong person, but you get the point ;)

*shrug* I just feel like the uniforms isn't what loses cheerleading any credibility. The cheer community should be focusing it's efforts on creating a unified scoresheet and figuring out a better division system IMO.

Besides, when people are looking at if cheerleading is a credible sport, they won't be looking at the minis - they'll be looking at the level 5s, and at that age, crop tops aren't inappropriate. Just some food for thought!

*shrug* I just feel like the uniforms isn't what loses cheerleading any credibility. The cheer community should be focusing it's efforts on creating a unified scoresheet and figuring out a better division system IMO.

Besides, when people are looking at if cheerleading is a credible sport, they won't be looking at the minis - they'll be looking at the level 5s, and at that age, crop tops aren't inappropriate. Just some food for thought!

No to be taken seriously all levels need looked at not just level 5s and minis through seniors are just as important in the sport. You are right though it shouldn't be the uniforms that is the focus, but when you link "sexy" with a sport that envolved MINORS then the focus is off the skill and on what they are wearing.

Here is Starlite All Stars new Uniform, they're from Southern Cali. There was a problem with the order and all of the skirts were 2 sizes too big so they competed in black spankies! This uniform is a temporary one until their custom designed one is ready. They'll be getting the custom designed uniform in time for Spirit Sports Palm Springs in February.

uni.jpg

Here is Starlite All Stars new Uniform, they're from Southern Cali. There was a problem with the order and all of the skirts were 2 sizes too big so they competed in black spankies! This uniform is a temporary one until their custom designed one is ready. They'll be getting the custom designed uniform in time for Spirit Sports Palm Springs in February.

uni.jpg
That top is actually pretty cute:)

And just a thought....some kids on level 5 teams (there are youth level 5 teams out there...) are actually mini aged...so then the teeny, tiny uniform may still be a bit much on the young ones. Just my opinion!

The moment anything becomes about the 'image' it's presenting (including 'sexy'), you've lost all potential sport cred right there. No other sport seeks a certain 'look' during performance (except, of course, looking AWESOME and talented..which aren't the same as 'cute' 'sexy' 'fabulous' 'hot')..
Actually there is a sport! Women's beach volleyball has requirements on how large or small the bottoms are allowed to be!

WNBA went through a major marketing campaign to try to promote those athletic women as sexy, family oriented etc.!

Actually there is a sport! Women's beach volleyball has requirements on how large or small the bottoms are allowed to be!

WNBA went through a major marketing campaign to try to promote those athletic women as sexy, family oriented etc.!
these women that play beach volleyball are noted on how sexy they appear as well as how competitive they play and how well they can do it

now im not saying this is an excuse for shorter tinier bathing suit uniforms but its just a case to be made - on that note most cheerleaders are already stereotyped on the "sexual appeal" they have you can thank the nfl for that, now i dont really have a clear point here but honestly before you attack what you see gym owners creating think first what you allow your child to see and emulate

...Yeah, because as athletic as VB is, you're watching people on a beach in swimwear bending over. I'd HOPE there were requirements! :p Don't get me started on the WNBA though..

Back