All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who designed this tom foolery??? where r the parents??? I have #NEVER seen a uniform this awful.. the little kids looks like they are about to go to disney or blizzard beach... im still shaking my head in disgust... I wouldnt want to watch them on the floor at all
the coaches apparently, i just dont get why they have such a low cut in them

As I read these comments, I cant help but notice the number of people saying they would not let their child wear a certain uniform. Dont get me wrong, I agree about the innapropriateness of them, but im curious how it would play out. You start your season, your CP is working hard, loving her team, you have paid a ton of money, its a couple weeks before your first comp, the new unis showup and wham! The are bikini tops.... As a parent, what do you do?

As I read these comments, I cant help but notice the number of people saying they would not let their child wear a certain uniform. Dont get me wrong, I agree about the innapropriateness of them, but im curious how it would play out. You start your season, your CP is working hard, loving her team, you have paid a ton of money, its a couple weeks before your first comp, the new unis showup and wham! The are bikini tops.... As a parent, what do you do?
I see your point, but don't most teams see the design or a prototype when the kids are being fitted for their unis? You would think the parents would be yelping then.

This actually raises a very valid question, I know my parents would probably let me stay but I don't think they'd let me walk around a competition like that let alone have those pictures posted on Facebook but I think the thing that weirds me out well not weirds I don't know how to explain it actually it's like I'm completely okay with wearing a bikini to the beach and taking pictures with my friends or wearing a sports bra to practice or even at a gym or competition but this uniform although very similar to both I can't wrap my head around :/ I guess it's like there's a time and a place for everything and the uni should stay at the beach

* excuse the ramble

That is a great question. I bet most don't say a word to anyone but the other parents LOL.

Good point...parents would all b**** and complain but their children would still be walking around in the chosen uniform. I think there would be very few who leave. BUT, I also think that if it really bothered them that much, they may consider finishing out the season and then moving else where...which is probably where I would stand. Then again, if my daughter was on Shooting Stars and happy. I don't think I would walk away because they decided peekaboo tops were in...just sayin'

TwistersPride said:

I'd put a nice, high cut sports bra on CP right under that top and state that it stays. I pay for cheer. Not lessons in inappropriate attire.

I'd put a nice, high cut sports bra on CP right under that top and state that it stays. I pay for cheer. Not lessons in inappropriate attire.
That is exactly what my parents would have done. My parents worked in a church for my whole cheer career, letting me in a crop top was almost enough to make me quit. They knew I loved it though so I could only wear it a competitions. If I had to wear that...I have no doubt there would be something underneath to cover the cleavage...

Sometimes I miss the day when crop tops only showed like 3 inches of your stomach...everyone looked good in the uniforms. And I miss skirts, dont get me wrong I like shorts...that are the correct length (I dont wanna see your booty). But nothing says cheer like I nice cheer skirt.

*not going to name the team* but I overheard some non-cheer guys (guys there to support friends) talking about a certain team with shorts on, talking about how big one girls booty looked in those shorts and how they like the shorts. I think gym owners need to realize that they are placing these girls in a public environment. Anybody can look at these girls. And they can sure make comments about them too. When you are placing a huge sign on your athletes saying hey look at how short these shorts are, then your are always going to find someone who is going to take advantage and look...And to some girls on the team, it may not be a good look. *people making fun of larger girls in booty shorts and a crop top* Please be smart coaches..

Rant over..

Back