All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Even with the older ones on junior teams, I don't know if I'd consider 10-12 year olds "teenagers"............... The vast majority of those on junior teams are still going to be in the elementary to middle school age range. There will be a handful of 13 year olds/9th graders on the older end of this spectrum, but for the vast majority, they will still be child to pre-teen.

Thought provoking question, thrown out to the board:
What is the "pro" to having a large group of (typically) 8 to 13 year old girls run around in crop tops?
Is there a true, rational purpose?
(I've heard crop helps for collegiate coed stunting, but 99.9% of these teams will not be competing with that)
Is this just the look we, as a sub-culture are used to?
Is this 13 going on 30 syndrome to look like the older kids?
Are gyms just annoyed at having to create or spend more $$ for full top uniforms?
I am generally curious what the motivation is to push for the lower age groups to have the crop top.
Interested to hear what people have to think...................
I would seriously like to know the answer to that question.

i am impatiently waiting for Rays... saw someone say they were "out of the box" which just sounds so un-ray like to me! Ah! also curious if they will be having the entire gym in full tops, since they've always been such a uniform gym, with the exception of IOC6 and half year.

i am impatiently waiting for Rays... saw someone say they were "out of the box" which just sounds so un-ray like to me! Ah! also curious if they will be having the entire gym in full tops, since they've always been such a uniform gym, with the exception of IOC6 and half year.
are they all getting new uniforms this year or just the lower level teams?

A girl from Rays told me that just non-worlds teams would be getting new uniforms. Not sure why, but that's just what she said.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Thank God, because I'm hopelessly in love with their current ones.

Edit: I had a dream a few weeks ago in which I was with Orange in warmups at a competition. They had all white uniforms with plain blue and metallic green detail (like their older ones), and they wore them with plain white bows. I didn't like them much.

Does anyone else dislike when guys uniforms have short sleeves? I understand it helps for coed stunting, but I like when both the female and males' uniforms are as similar as possible(long sleeves). This is not meant to offend any gyms or uniforms, it is just my preference.:)

Does anyone else dislike when guys uniforms have short sleeves? I understand it helps for coed stunting, but I like when both the female and males' uniforms are as similar as possible(long sleeves). This is not meant to offend any gyms or uniforms, it is just my preference.:)
I think of it as more of a "game day" look for mens uniforms.
(similar to female sleeveless uniforms vs. long sleeve)

The long sleeve uniforms for both genders give a more clean appearance for allstar routines when performing, in my opinion, as it emphasizes arm lines as teams do motions rather than breaking them up.
Dancers wear black tights/pants, all-star cheerleaders wear long sleeves. Same concept of wanting to show off those clean lines in the choreography.

The whole gym is getting new uniforms- Worlds teams will have a crop top and all other teams a full top.
Cool! I have a few questions, maybe someone will know them if you don't.
Is it just Worlds teams for crop tops? Not other senior teams? And when will the public see them? It doesn't seem like Rays (I don't think...) to make it a big deal and keep it secret. And one more, (sorry). Will it be a specific gym uniform, or will there be different ones for different teams?

The Fierce Board App!

I believe it was actually Rays that started the whole sneak peak thing. I remember when this uniform came out they set it up so a certain amount of twitter followers revealed a new sneak peak.

gahhh you beat me haha I was going to say exactly this.

Some of the mock uniforms based off of the sneak peaks were the funniest thing ever.

I'm excited and scared for Rays new uniforms all at the same time. I'd love a little sparkle but on the whole they sort of set the standard for athletic, functional awesomeness and if it involves mesh, weird cut outs, or copious amounts of mystic fabric I reserve the right to throw a classic 3 year old temper tantrum.

You've been warned.

I'm excited and scared for Rays new uniforms all at the same time. I'd love a little sparkle but on the whole they sort of set the standard for athletic, functional awesomeness and if it involves mesh, weird cut outs, or copious amounts of mystic fabric I reserve the right to throw a classic 3 year old temper tantrum.

You've been warned.

"You've been warned.." Thaaaaanks now I'm singing my entire 2:30 of music from my team last season. Lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Latest posts

Back