All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are these JUST uniform costs or are they 'apparel' costs (including MANDATORY practice wear, shoes, multiple bows, etc). I mean, I've seen some bows run $25 a pop due to decorations/bling..so 2 bows plus $70 shoes could easily take your $350 uniform to around $500 in apparel, and that's without a warmup/2 sets of practice wear.

Hmm and the truth comes out. I don't feel the need to exaggerate a uniform price lol it's not a contest.
just because they're at the same gym and paid different prices doesn't mean anyones lying.. i can tell you my team is getting new uniforms and so is another team in my gym and the price difference will probably be about 200-300.

just because they're at the same gym and paid different prices doesn't mean anyones lying.. i can tell you my team is getting new uniforms and so is another team in my gym and the price difference will probably be about 200-300.
I wasn't saying she was lying. I don't want people to think that was my intention. They did wear the same uniform, as all levels below S5 had the same uni (except the minis). Her father could have included the cost of shoes and bow which would have brought the cost up around $600

oops. nope just one uniform! I've been at three gyms (yes i am crazy). first year's uniform was cheap as dirt. second year's uniform at big gym was around 700. Third year's uniform at new gym is around 600. Why are our uniforms so expensive in Washington is the real question!!!
That is insanity for a coach to expect parents to shell out that much $$. I would not do that!

Some high school teams spend that much on apparel.

Oh yes.

There are school cheer programs who regularly top my all star teams in apparel costs.

As a school cheer coach as well, I try my hardest to keep costs low for parents, which involves US as a coaching staff making final purchasing decisions for what the team needs.

Ex: I know that we only need 5 sets of practice wear and a a couple of bows and that it doesn't have to be the most amazing Illusive Apparel awesomeness that the world has ever seen. Like, if bargain level camp wear/practicewear shopping was an Olympic sport, I'd get a gold medal.

I know that camp wear CAN and WILL double as practice wear so that parents don't need to buy 12 sets of apparel. I also know that it's not necessary to have homecoming bows, rivalry game bows, 5 practice bows and 5 more bows for comps.

However, some programs make the mistake of allowing THE KIDS to choose apparel. Yes really. There are school cheer programs in which the seniors or older cheerleaders pick out all of the apparel or make all the apparel decisions, and the adults just kind of go along with it.

When that happens, you end up with:

The ultra expensive dye sub rhinestone mesh uni.
10 sets of practice wear in non-school colors so that it doesn't double for any sort of school appearances/camp.
5 sets of camp wear because we can't wear the same stuff for practice for camp because "ew."
Personalized Nfinity camp backpacks
Homecoming sweatshirt
Rivalry sweatshirt
Regionals sweatshirts
3 pairs of "GO ___________" sweatpants
Enough "Go ________" tees for them to wear a new one every day for a month.
$40 Homecoming bows
$40 Rivalry bows
$40 Senior night bows
$40 Regionals bows
$40 Nationals bows
Nationals sweats
Nationals nfinity backpacks

And a partridge in a pear tree with EASILY over $1,000 in apparel costs alone.

Oh yes.

There are school cheer programs who regularly top my all star teams in apparel costs.

As a school cheer coach as well, I try my hardest to keep costs low for parents, which involves US as a coaching staff making final purchasing decisions for what the team needs.

Ex: I know that we only need 5 sets of practice wear and a a couple of bows and that it doesn't have to be the most amazing Illusive Apparel awesomeness that the world has ever seen. Like, if bargain level camp wear/practicewear shopping was an Olympic sport, I'd get a gold medal.

I know that camp wear CAN and WILL double as practice wear so that parents don't need to buy 12 sets of apparel. I also know that it's not necessary to have homecoming bows, rivalry game bows, 5 practice bows and 5 more bows for comps.

However, some programs make the mistake of allowing THE KIDS to choose apparel. Yes really. There are school cheer programs in which the seniors or older cheerleaders pick out all of the apparel or make all the apparel decisions, and the adults just kind of go along with it.

When that happens, you end up with:

The ultra expensive dye sub rhinestone mesh uni.
10 sets of practice wear in non-school colors so that it doesn't double for any sort of school appearances/camp.
5 sets of camp wear because we can't wear the same stuff for practice for camp because "ew."
Personalized Nfinity camp backpacks
Homecoming sweatshirt
Rivalry sweatshirt
Regionals sweatshirts
3 pairs of "GO ___________" sweatpants
Enough "Go ________" tees for them to wear a new one every day for a month.
$40 Homecoming bows
$40 Rivalry bows
$40 Senior night bows
$40 Regionals bows
$40 Nationals bows
Nationals sweats
Nationals nfinity backpacks

And a partridge in a pear tree with EASILY over $1,000 in apparel costs alone.
Yup. And they don't think twice because they aren't the ones paying for it.

Our uniform costs this season: $400 actual uni, $185 practice wear, $90 shoes. Bows are included in the costs.

I've never understood the reasoning behind hiding costs, it usually just deters people away because it's harder for them to get ahold of someone to ask meaning they won't end up joining.

Well...maybe if you can convince people that you are the absolute best available, and there are few choices anyway, you can get them to believe that your hidden costs are acceptable and maybe even that, away for the local area, the cost is comparable anyway (IT IS NOT, but I digress). *cowers and prepares for stoning*

And your packet is so confusing and lacking in information that comparing value is impossible.

@ amy1K and @ daniV , Here are my two cents worth (and I apologize for hijacking this thread)

For the “Big named gym” that I am at (I will call this Gym A) from 2010 through 2014 cheer seasons they have had the same uniform. This gym swaps-out out grown uniform pieces for pieces that fit (used pieces) for no charge. For the 2014 – 2015 season they are getting new uniforms. So for the last 4 seasons I have had to buy 1 Uniform, 4 pair of shoes and 8 bows. Uniform cost was approx. $550, Bows and Shoes $125. We will be buying new uniform, shoes and 2 bows for $705 (Lower level teams uniform, shows and 2 bows are $635) this season.

For the gym that @DaniV is currently at (I will call this Gym B) from 2010 through 2014 cheer season they have had 3 different uniforms. So a parent would have purchased 3 Uniforms, 4 pair of shoes and 4 bows in the same time frame. Published pricing for Uniforms (for last year) was $450 , Bows and Makeup was $75, Shoes $75.00 (My CP’s best friend is on this gym so I have noticed how many uniforms they have had)

For the gym that @amy1k is currently at (I will call this Gym C) from 2010 through 2014 cheer season they have had 3 different uniforms. Due to new owner/name change they will be getting a new uniform again this season. So 4 uniforms in 5 years (if my maths correct) Published pricing for Uniforms is $705 this includes 2 practice tops, 2 pars of shorts , 1 pair of nfinity shoes, warm-up jacket/pants, makeup and bows. So like Gym B a parent at this gym in 5 years would have purchased 4 uniforms, 5 pair of shoes and 5 bows?? (by the way loved the uniform from last year 2013-2014)

I know we all LOVE our own gyms, this is how it should be. All gyms have good points and bad points.. There is NO WRONG GYM OR RIGHT GYM. We all feel that uniforms and the such are over priced, , but it would be nice if instead of just stating (negative) things about big name gyms you might actually ask someone a question first. Maybe I’m just being over sensitive but it feels like two individuals love to gym bash a certain gym here in the PNW whenever there is even a small opening for it. I would like these two individuals to notice that parents of the “big named gym” (and there are a few of us on the board) make a point to not mention the other two gyms and say nothing negative about them. I'm not trying to start a fight.. I usually don't even post much, but I finally had to say something.

But here's the question would you rather buy 1 uniform in 4 years.. or 3 uniforms in the same time frame?

Stepping off my soap box now….

Our uniforms we just got were 450 and we keep them for 3 seasons. They do a uniform swap each season to get a bigger uniform if needed. I don't know how other people wash theirs so I hate swapping. Hoping Jaylen can squeeze 3 years out of hers with a crotch extender lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I'm missing something here. I don't think anyone named a specific place?

@ amy1K and @ daniV , Here are my two cents worth (and I apologize for hijacking this thread)

For the “Big named gym” that I am at (I will call this Gym A) from 2010 through 2014 cheer seasons they have had the same uniform. This gym swaps-out out grown uniform pieces for pieces that fit (used pieces) for no charge. For the 2014 – 2015 season they are getting new uniforms. So for the last 4 seasons I have had to buy 1 Uniform, 4 pair of shoes and 8 bows. Uniform cost was approx. $550, Bows and Shoes $125. We will be buying new uniform, shoes and 2 bows for $705 (Lower level teams uniform, shows and 2 bows are $635) this season.

For the gym that @DaniV is currently at (I will call this Gym B) from 2010 through 2014 cheer season they have had 3 different uniforms. So a parent would have purchased 3 Uniforms, 4 pair of shoes and 4 bows in the same time frame. Published pricing for Uniforms (for last year) was $450 , Bows and Makeup was $75, Shoes $75.00 (My CP’s best friend is on this gym so I have noticed how many uniforms they have had)

For the gym that @amy1k is currently at (I will call this Gym C) from 2010 through 2014 cheer season they have had 3 different uniforms. Due to new owner/name change they will be getting a new uniform again this season. So 4 uniforms in 5 years (if my maths correct) Published pricing for Uniforms is $705 this includes 2 practice tops, 2 pars of shorts , 1 pair of nfinity shoes, warm-up jacket/pants, makeup and bows. So like Gym B a parent at this gym in 5 years would have purchased 4 uniforms, 5 pair of shoes and 5 bows?? (by the way loved the uniform from last year 2013-2014)

I know we all LOVE our own gyms, this is how it should be. All gyms have good points and bad points.. There is NO WRONG GYM OR RIGHT GYM. We all feel that uniforms and the such are over priced, , but it would be nice if instead of just stating (negative) things about big name gyms you might actually ask someone a question first. Maybe I’m just being over sensitive but it feels like two individuals love to gym bash a certain gym here in the PNW whenever there is even a small opening for it. I would like these two individuals to notice that parents of the “big named gym” (and there are a few of us on the board) make a point to not mention the other two gyms and say nothing negative about them. I'm not trying to start a fight.. I usually don't even post much, but I finally had to say something.

But here's the question would you rather buy 1 uniform in 4 years.. or 3 uniforms in the same time frame?

Stepping off my soap box now….

It wasn't named specifically but the people from our area all knew what gym was being referenced and the poster who was talking about her old gym has stated on here where she used to cheer.

I was in no way gym bashing in my previous post about what I had heard the cost of uniform to be (which matched up with a prior athlete's quote and I clarified was not verified by me) and it was somewhat accurate as you said as it included shoes, make-up, and a bow although I know not everyone includes that in the "uniform" price. I apologize that you found my post offensive, it was not supposed to come off that way. Also, just FYI I do not bash that gym at any opening. I made one snide comment once and had my head bitten off for it and I have refrained from ever posting about them until now.

I have noticed that they haven't switched uniforms in the last couple of years which is super nice the wallet of returners. I'm sure the parents really really appreciate it. If you find somethign that works, stick with!

Criticism shouldn't be confused with "bashing." I'd like gyms to be more upfront with costs. *shrug* I'd also like my daughter's gym to keep their same uniform, unfortunately it seems to be difficult to find a product that will hold up to even a season's wear. This season, her gym is under new ownership and the parents were given the opportunity to vote on keeping the uniforms. Because most needed replaced anyway, they overwhelmingly voted to change. They have ordered from a different company hoping for a more durable product.

Criticism shouldn't be confused with "bashing." I'd like gyms to be more upfront with costs. *shrug* I'd also like my daughter's gym to keep their same uniform, unfortunately it seems to be difficult to find a product that will hold up to even a season's wear. This season, her gym is under new ownership and the parents were given the opportunity to vote on keeping the uniforms. Because most needed replaced anyway, they overwhelmingly voted to change. They have ordered from a different company hoping for a more durable product.
CP's uniforms last a minimum of 3 years. Sometimes we swap out for sizes but they've never worn out. Who was your manufacturer?

Back