All-Star New Uniforms 2017-2018 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Its interesting because Celebrity's uniform is seemingly so different than their gym culture they are typically super athletic, clean, and minimal but their new uniform is so flashy. I don't mind it personally but I that attribute to the fact I look at routines as dramatic productions and the 'costumes' can help tell the story.

Love Cheer Central Suns, gradients always get my heart lol.

This one from VASF just dropped yesterday:

Looks great and all, but as someone who dabbles in design and trademarks, I had to wonder about the VOGUE on the sleeve being in the Vogue Magazine Font. The likeness is just too close.

As you can see, the font is quite similar:

Double checking to see if Vogue Magazine's publisher has the trademarks for Vogue's logo and font style, and there are a bunch! All are LIVE too.

And the trademarks exist for that font likeness and stylization on an assortment of garments and items:
Clothing and Accessories
Fine Jewelry and Gemstones
Phone Cases
All Clothing Essentially
Bags of All Sorts

Does this infringement ride on Varsity All Star? (the ones that designed, printed and took money for this) Or does this sit with Celebrity Cheer? (the ones that selected it and will be wearing it publicly)
Not a lawyer so I'm honestly not sure. But I do know that if Vogue saw this uni, they probably wouldn't be too happy.

I think there’s a whole lotta busy going on w/Vogue’s uniforms. I’m a graphic design geek at heart & I don’t think Varsity used the magazine’s actual font because the V & U are different, though I do see the strong similarity. I’m a less-is-more kind of person so I’d prefer much less branding & to lose writing on the sleeves. There’s an insane amount of sparkle which is definitely fun.

I think there’s a whole lotta busy going on w/Vogue’s uniforms. I’m a graphic design geek at heart & I don’t think Varsity used the magazine’s actual font because the V & U are different, though I do see the strong similarity. I’m a less-is-more kind of person so I’d prefer much less branding & to lose writing on the sleeves. There’s an insane amount of sparkle which is definitely fun.

Agreed 100% on the "whole lotta busy". I mean, did they really need to write "Celebrity" on the uniform four separate times?? I think once or twice is more than enough, calm down Varsity.

This one from VASF just dropped yesterday:

Looks great and all, but as someone who dabbles in design and trademarks, I had to wonder about the VOGUE on the sleeve being in the Vogue Magazine Font. The likeness is just too close.

As you can see, the font is quite similar:

Double checking to see if Vogue Magazine's publisher has the trademarks for Vogue's logo and font style, and there are a bunch! All are LIVE too.

And the trademarks exist for that font likeness and stylization on an assortment of garments and items:
Clothing and Accessories
Fine Jewelry and Gemstones
Phone Cases
All Clothing Essentially
Bags of All Sorts

Does this infringement ride on Varsity All Star? (the ones that designed, printed and took money for this) Or does this sit with Celebrity Cheer? (the ones that selected it and will be wearing it publicly)
Not a lawyer so I'm honestly not sure. But I do know that if Vogue saw this uni, they probably wouldn't be too happy.

the infringement should be on varsity. they should know what is and isn't in the public domain for fair use, and inform their clients designs accordingly.

Back