All-Star New Uniforms 2017-2018 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean, technically the rule is being followed.

But if it looks like a bare belly, then even if she's technically covered by clothes, is she really? If a boy's uniform is a skin-tone top with a six-pack painted on, then technically he's wearing enough clothes, but also, is he?

An existential question for our times.
I agree completely. The problem is that a rule was put in place that was left so wide open to interpretation that it has become a joke.

I never saw this rule as a way to protect younger kids from being over sexualized or to make cheer more family friendly for the under 10 population, because if that had been the intention from the start then there would have been no vagueness to it. This just gave uniform companies and gyms a boost to their revenue because once it went into place, new uniforms had to be purchased or existing ones needed to be modified.

This is slightly off topic but we moved to a new gym this year. CP and I really didn't like last years uniforms. I even hesitated to have her join the gym if that's what she was going to wear. But she joined for skill development and it just so happened that they changed the uni's this season to something absolutely beautiful. We dodged a bullet uniform-wise. But it goes to show that uniforms can be pretty important.

I agree completely. The problem is that a rule was put in place that was left so wide open to interpretation that it has become a joke.

I never saw this rule as a way to protect younger kids from being over sexualized or to make cheer more family friendly for the under 10 population, because if that had been the intention from the start then there would have been no vagueness to it. This just gave uniform companies and gyms a boost to their revenue because once it went into place, new uniforms had to be purchased or existing ones needed to be modified.
Has anyone ever heard of a team getting a uniform deduction? Honest question, I've never heard of it happening.

I like simple, classic, and clean uniforms that provide athletes with good coverage. They should be able to have good sports bras under them. They should be able to allow the athlete to be their best without having to worry about wardrobe malfunction. They should be flattering to athletes with a variety of body types. I realize that I am old and not with the newest fashion trends. But seeing kids under 10 in the halter top uniforms and back cut outs makes me sad.

I like simple, classic, and clean uniforms that provide athletes with good coverage. They should be able to have good sports bras under them. They should be able to allow the athlete to be their best without having to worry about wardrobe malfunction. They should be flattering to athletes with a variety of body types. I realize that I am old and not with the newest fashion trends. But seeing kids under 10 in the halter top uniforms and back cut outs makes me sad.
AGREE I loved my CP uniform about 6 years ago by GK company. Comfy and athletic looking with very little bling!!! Price, design and bling has gotten out of hand.

T&S I can’t even look at that for more than three seconds.

Looking back on this whole thread I’m honestly just in awe at how every year it’s the same complaints about these uniforms. On top of that, every year we have new concerns. This year it’s the crazy rhinestoning and “couture” uniforms. Last year we had a panic attack over the rhinestoned shoes (still can’t imagine all the cuts if that had ever caught on).

Every year it’s the bra situation. We need clearer rules on being able to wear a full support sports bra with uniforms. The junior mafia uniform itself of course is a gorgeous piece but I would never think it’s appropriate for a child let alone cheer in general! Open back?! If that was my proposed uniform my junior years I would’ve been the odd ball out with a standard full support sports bra or I would’ve switched gyms because I’d be that uncomfortable. Especially knowing it’s made for the tiny girls to be comfortable in and not so much the more developed ones.
Bolded that last part because it's so important! The junior ages are where you start to see that divide between girls who are flat chested still and girls who aren't. As someone who started developing before my peers I would have been appalled to have to try and wear that uniform.

East Texas All Stars

DC Dragons

Tumble Express All Stars

DC Dragons and Tumble Express are the saviours of this thread. Junior uniforms with actual backs and you can wear a sports bra with them. Bravo, there is some sense left in the world.

On a side note though, I think being a uni cheerleader has converted my opinions on uniforms again as I'd happily take the junior tumble express uniform over a lot of the alternative half tops I'm seeing on the boards from senior allstar teams overall.

Bolded that last part because it's so important! The junior ages are where you start to see that divide between girls who are flat chested still and girls who aren't. As someone who started developing before my peers I would have been appalled to have to try and wear that uniform.

Yes because having always been more developed i even had more insecurities just because I had to wear a padded sports bra under my uniform top while other girls literally needed nothing. My junior teams it was the hardest. One of my uniforms had a separate sleeve so it was sleeveless on one arm of the uniform top. That bothered me enough. Poor girls.

On the other hand, I have also seen some beautiful uniforms that can be worn with a standard sports bra and that makes me so happy other gyms are being more proactive about the comfort aspect of it for the girls!

I noticed last season that some of my friends wore no bra under their uniform. Not to be gross, but I could see the droop of their breasts, that you don't see when you wear a bra. They were senior age girls. A couple were seniors in HS. They all had backless uniforms. I can't imagine even being bra-less under my regular clothes. That made me sad for them. It wasn't always like this.

DC Dragons and Tumble Express are the saviours of this thread. Junior uniforms with actual backs and you can wear a sports bra with them. Bravo, there is some sense left in the world.

On a side note though, I think being a uni cheerleader has converted my opinions on uniforms again as I'd happily take the junior tumble express uniform over a lot of the alternative half tops I'm seeing on the boards from senior allstar teams overall.

DC dragons are CFA, so have different uniform requirements. They're the approximate equivalent of a senior 3 team.

Back