New Uniforms 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by cachoi, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. california cheer mom

california cheer mom Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Am I the only one who worries about bases breaking fingers with all of these crazy straps and fingers getting caught?

Signed,
    The mother of a base who has broken multiple fingers during cheer practice

2. wishfulthinking

wishfulthinking Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    That Sick6 trailer is really cringey. Just show me a picture. I couldn't care less about the video.

3. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I really like Sick 6 uniform and @Drkilluzionz has the best voiceover voice.

4. DonnaM

DonnaM I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    No, you’re not the only one. If this had been a full top or a longer top with the straps sewn in, I think it would be a neat design, but with the straps, it seems an accident waiting to happen

5. alpaca

alpaca I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I worry more when I see the fake nails. I saw a fake nail ripped off during stunting. It was excruciatingly painful for the kids.

6. mamabear

mamabear Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Confession time. I fangirled him at Cheesport last year. All the kids were chasing TGLC but I saw him hanging in the coaching area so I went up to him out of the blue and introduced myself . He is really sweet.

Speaking of stalking .. there is a cheerson sighting and a certain someone hasn't commented yet! Where is she?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. justcheering

justcheering They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Not only that but I know as an athlete I would feel really uncomfortable in that uni because those straps would not be flattering

8. KPep

KPep Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    I really don't understand how that is a thing. They are prohibited here, you can't compete unless you take them off.

9. icequeen

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

Lucky you. Ive never met him but him about 10 years ago he was on the boards selling TG shirts (before online pro shop days) I ordered but I was currently on my first deployment in Iraq. Kristen sent my shirts marked "urgent" and a sweet note. No-one gets urgent mail on deployment so everyone was extremely curious to what I had sent to me. Ive become a bigger TG fan at the moment. Im waiting to get pregnant with my first kid and convince my fiancee to move to Miami so I can sign our future kid up to be a Jag. lol

10. renaa_rooo

renaa_rooo When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    saw a couple people on twitter say one of the athletes on the team designed it idk how true that is but if it is that’s very cool! i love it!

11. icequeen

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Their official team page stated that she designed the front and a coach designed the back.

12. njallday

njallday Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    IDK but I had a bathing suit with that plastic clasp closure that the orange strap does and the plastic spontaneously snapped in half at the beach once... made for an interesting day. I will now only purchase bathing suits with metal clasps or no clasps.

All that to say, I hope those orange straps are decorative only and not functionally securing the bottom of the top from riding up. The wardrobe malfunction possibilities are endless.

13. justcheering

justcheering They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I had no idea nails werent allowed!! I’m from Canada also so I always wondered how athletes were getting away with all fake/painted nails cause I assumed it was the same rules in the states! Very interesting

14. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    When our kids began 8 years ago, the coaches stressed to parents, nails real or fake, had to be clear before every comp. About 5 years ago, they never brought it up again and they wear whatever they want. I always wondered if it had to do with the oxygen reader clip they put on your finger in case of emergency. Oldest had pneumonia not too long ago, she had SNS nails and they put the clip on sideways. Back in the day when people primarily wore fingernail polish, they would remove your polish to put it over your nail. I haven't seen the rule in any packet. Perhaps technology caught up to all of the acrylic nail types out there?

15. AndyT_T

AndyT_T Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Pulse ox can sometimes read weird through acrylic nails and we have nail polish remover in the hospital if we really need it somewhere deep in the supply room, but I've never had to actually use it. Even with jumbo fake acrylic nails I can usually get a good pleth to read their oxygen saturation.

They taught in nursing school you had to remove the polish but in the real world I've never seen that happen. We'll use toes, ears, the forehead, the nose, or any number of other places before we even consider taking off nail polish.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List