All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't want them to move it..what about the excitement of going to Disney..half the excitement of going to worlds or the summit is because they get to go to Disney!! You can't take that away from them!

When in doubt..shimmy it out
.....According to who? I'd say for half of the gyms attending- by the time the kids are 15/16, they've been going to Disney at LEAST 2-4 years, if not LONGER. There are TONS of competitions at Disney, between Worlds, Summit, UCA, etc. Heck- if a kid goes through, let's say World Cup, from being a Mini at age 6 to Shooting Stars, they've been going to Disney for a DECADE (WC usually does UCA). I like a theme park as much as the next gal but A) That's expensive and B) I'd get seriously bored.

.....According to who? I'd say for half of the gyms attending- by the time the kids are 15/16, they've been going to Disney at LEAST 2-4 years, if not LONGER. There are TONS of competitions at Disney, between Worlds, Summit, UCA, etc. Heck- if a kid goes through, let's say World Cup, from being a Mini at age 6 to Shooting Stars, they've been going to Disney for a DECADE (WC usually does UCA). I like a theme park as much as the next gal but A) That's expensive and B) I'd get seriously bored.
Well I'm sorry but iv been 5 times and I still look forward to it every year for UCA for worlds for summit. It's an exciting place to be and Disney NEVER gets old! Lol

Well I'm sorry but iv been 5 times and I still look forward to it every year for UCA for worlds for summit. It's an exciting place to be and Disney NEVER gets old! Lol
By the time cp was 10 and had been to Disney for cheer for the three previous seasons we were ready for a break from Disney....a LONG break. She was excited for the competition itself but not the venue, and very often the logistics of the place were a nightmare. Disney is actually probably one of my least favorite places to go for a competition.

By the time cp was 10 and had been to Disney for cheer for the three previous seasons we were ready for a break from Disney....a LONG break. She was excited for the competition itself but not the venue, and very often the logistics of the place were a nightmare. Disney is actually probably one of my least favorite places to go for a competition.

Same. we went as a family one september when cp was 5 and then the following march for UCA, then the next 3 years after that. For a total of 5 times by the time she turned 9. The last two times, we didn't stay on property and went out of our way to avoid the parks. i was so thankful when our gym decided to only go every other year and then we moved and our current gym doesn't go to UCA.

I always love the center that all the Indianapolis competitions are held in. It just makes sense. So many hotels are attached & there's enough rooms to hold a ton of people. Not sure if I'd love worlds being there, but I'm surprised there's only a few large competitions there. It's easily my favorite venue.

I always love the center that all the Indianapolis competitions are held in. It just makes sense. So many hotels are attached & there's enough rooms to hold a ton of people. Not sure if I'd love worlds being there, but I'm surprised there's only a few large competitions there. It's easily my favorite venue.
Agreed, I love Indy! There's so much to do around the convention center and the venue itself is so nice. It's also centrally located, would like to see more big comps move there!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Worlds this year was my 18th trip to Disney World. Very fortunate! Have ridden nearly every ride 50+ times, seen every show, and can recite the Wishes firework show and Spaceship Earth by heart. I might just be crazy but it gets better every time I go, and it was honestly one of, if not my very favorite trip because I got to hang out with my team and spend time with our seniors for the last time instead of my annoying little brothers haha! This may be last season cheering allstar because of college, and it makes me kind of glad that they aren't changing the venue until AFTER I'm done...lol.

But like I said earlier...I would also love Worlds to be in Indy! People supposedly loved it here when we hosted the Superbowl and I would only have to drive about 15 minutes lol! One little issue is parking would be inssAAAAAAAAAne and we don't seem to have the large amount of cabs and buses that cities like Atlanta and Chicago do.

I live only an hour and a half from Orlando and Disney and I still get excited just seeing the ears while driving on I-4! I've been to Disney countless times and I guess it's just one of those places that people fall in love with or they couldn't care less about it. But for a competition like worlds, it's an amazing experience to be in Disney world with your team and thousands of other cheerleaders from all over the world but lets be real, the venue just isn't able to hold that capacity.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Tampa for a location.. The Tampa Convention center is huge and has room for multiple floors and has tons of hotels in the area and stuff to do (busch gardens, mosi, lowry park zoo, ect.). With the republican convention being there last year Tampa could definitely handle the capacity of worlds. Plus, it's only roughly an hour to Disney from downtown Tampa so for those who REALLY want to go to Disney, can!

ETA: and the Tampa Bay Times Fourm (where the lightning play) is right across the street for even more room.

I'm 26 and usually plan my trip to worlds early enough with a day for Disney. But honestly, the thing I like the most is the transportation. We have teammates flying in and out at different times and days and it's nice not having to rent a car to get there. Gyms might handle their own transportation, but it would be a lot of extra work for our gym to do thAt for our two open teams in addition to our senior team. Nor is it very feasible since we don't all come in at the some time. Not that that's really a reason to keep it there.

The fact that this thread is 3 years old and instead of fixing the problem USASwtF keeps making it worse...... :banghead:

I said it in another thread - if there is a contract for Disney that they can't get out of there is an option for the overcrowding. The baseball field worked with the exception of going way over time and the sound issues, which can be fixed for the future, but had Finals been 24 hours later it would have been the worst nightmare ever since it poured all afternoon and evening on Tuesday. Given the fact you can not bank on having it outside, have a set-up for the athletes that received at-large bids to be able to watch it on the jumbotron IN COMFORT (i.e. not in the blazing sun in 96 degree heat or rain). Offer snacks, drinks, DJ - a block party like atmosphere. Do not let them in to the arenas unless they purchase a spectator ticket. I hate that anyone has to be discriminated against, but right now, the parents/family members of the athletes need to have priority to get in to the venues.

Last edited:
The Georgia convention center is the biggest venue I have ever been to for cheer and it would have room to spare if worlds was there. No matter where worlds is it will still be prestigious, I feel like people think moving it will change that. You still have the same caliber of teams competing against one another

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The Georgia convention center is the biggest venue I have ever been to for cheer and it would have room to spare if worlds was there. No matter where worlds is it will still be prestigious, I feel like people think moving it will change that. You still have the same caliber of teams competing against one another

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
They just don't want to miss out on WDW.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Where Banberry is not just a drink

I read this thread last night and must agree with the Anaheim option. It has disney and a convention center. Give Disneyland the contract for a few years and move Worlds to rotating locations every few years. Plus, it might encourage WDW/WWOS to build or expand a venue to accommodate.

LAX is a larger airport and often it is cheaper to fly into those. Tickets prices might be higher for some, but lower for others.

Southern California doesn't get the rain that Florida gets either. Not saying it will be guaranteed perfect weather, but the chances are increased.

Back