New York Cheer Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not quite. IIRC, PCM had to replace at an athlete AT the competition that day. Not someone who had been on the team before.

PCM didnt have to replace an athlete that day, I know people have said that, but that's not what happened, it was however a honest mistake in regards to the athlete's age. Which I can see happening, the International Age is grid can be confusing and the athlete was registered for the event with all her info.

This will be our last post before shutting down our account. I will not allow all of my athletes to be upset by all the negative mean things being said. I am happy knowing that every athlete and parent knows that the athlete in question did not step on the mat as a level 5 cheerleader until she turned 12. I know that she was a USASF registered member, she was credentialed, she was added to the USASF online roster that is needed when going for a bid at a competition. I know that I made the right choice by keeping her on the mat with her squad members and not pulling her moments before.
There will always be people that think we lied, or were deceitful, or "are trying to pull a fast one." But WE know as gym owners, athletes, parents, and coaches that we did nothing wrong. Sure I'm absolutely guilty of not reading the rules clearly. I waited until the kid turned 12 and then I put her on the mat not a moment before. NY CHEER STRONGER THAN EVER.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Maybe you should keep this account active. This way if you have a question about the rules, one of the posters on here can help you figure out if you are reading them "clearly".
Oh and just heads up: crossovers are only allowed to three teams this season, not four.

Maybe you should keep this account active. This way if you have a question about the rules, one of the posters on here can help you figure out if you are reading them "clearly".
Oh and just heads up: crossovers are only allowed to three teams this season, not four.
Oh Snap... I think ur my new hero "JoanofArc". Lol. Luv it when people have the guts to speak the truth!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

PCM didnt have to replace an athlete that day, I know people have said that, but that's not what happened, it was however a honest mistake in regards to the athlete's age. Which I can see happening, the International Age is grid can be confusing and the athlete was registered for the event with all her info.

Ah, my mistake. I knew that there was some confusion about what happened, but I thought that it was because of something that day. either way--it wasn't an entire season competing athlete, so it's still pretty different in my mind. thanks for clearing it up though! :)

New York Cheer All-Stars, not sure if you are clear on the rules for the upcoming competition your Small Senior 5 turned Medium Senior 5 team is attending. It clearly states you must bring 50% of your program to be eligible for a bid. Are you planning on accepting a bid if you receive it even though your Small Jr 3, Small Sr 3, Small Jr 2 and Small Jr 4/5 are not competing? Just want to make sure you aren't "reading those rules wrong" again!

New York Cheer All-Stars, not sure if you are clear on the rules for the upcoming competition your Small Senior 5 turned Medium Senior 5 team is attending. It clearly states you must bring 50% of your program to be eligible for a bid. Are you planning on accepting a bid if you receive it even though your Small Jr 3, Small Sr 3, Small Jr 2 and Small Jr 4/5 are not competing? Just want to make sure you aren't "reading those rules wrong" again!

Good looking out!:)

quitthedrama not sure why you or anyone else cares so much about us trying to get to worlds. I think you and everyone else who have negative things to say are trying to attack the coaches/program but are forgetting about all of the athletes who have social media who now have to deal with hurt feelings because all they want to do is be down in florida with everyone else and the mean things people are saying about their gym. its a lot of pressure if you're too ignorant to realize. right or wrong they were still the first all girl team from new york to make it there give credit where credit is due. not like they "cheated" and won worlds or something. people make mistakes it was a year ago. you learn you grow and you move on. take your negative comments and your contradicting user name somewhere else.

This is one of those things that I really don't want to be the one posting about, because while it's shady as anything, it isn't actually illegal. but here goes...

From what I've been hearing, there are a few teams that are finding loopholes around that 50% rule...
The original gym is releasing all of the athletes on the team, and the team is registering under their own gym name, therefore, the program only has one team and is bringing their entire program and is eligible...

Added to above--not saying NY Cheer is finding that loophole, but just throwing it out there that some teams are. and that I think it's wrong.

quitthedrama not sure why you or anyone else cares so much about us trying to get to worlds. I think you and everyone else who have negative things to say are trying to attack the coaches/program but are forgetting about all of the athletes who have social media who now have to deal with hurt feelings because all they want to do is be down in florida with everyone else and the mean things people are saying about their gym. its a lot of pressure if you're too ignorant to realize. right or wrong they were still the first all girl team from new york to make it there give credit where credit is due. not like they "cheated" and won worlds or something. people make mistakes it was a year ago. you learn you grow and you move on. take your negative comments and your contradicting user name somewhere else.
Halle Rosen there is a big difference between going on the "attack" and responding to a thread that someone else posted. I am very sorry if any of the athletes on this team had no idea of what happened last year and have hurt feelings because of the actions of their gym owner. But the truth is the gym DID cheat - whether they won or not has nothing to do with the fact that they still need to follow rules. I did not start this thread - the gym owner did. Fierceboard is meant for discussion and opinion, so when a gym owner starts a thread and tries to make excuses they have opened themselves and their athletes up for negative comments and criticism - if you have an issue with it you should address it with the gym owner. Had an athlete started the thread I still would have responded because I feel very strongly about the issue of cheating, but I would have worded things different knowing they were more of a victim than a guilty party.

I feel bad for these kids however where are the parents how do you belong to a cheer program that does this? It is not the 1st time ,similar things have happened. At what point do you as a parent say enough? I find cheating and lieing the worst traits and wuld never want my child associated with them and there is a saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me! So these gym owners must really know how to fool these parents! Worst is who suffers is the children. I have heard numerous time that this gym has been called out for different infractions? When does it end?

This is one of those things that I really don't want to be the one posting about, because while it's shady as anything, it isn't actually illegal. but here goes...

From what I've been hearing, there are a few teams that are finding loopholes around that 50% rule...
The original gym is releasing all of the athletes on the team, and the team is registering under their own gym name, therefore, the program only has one team and is bringing their entire program and is eligible...

I have so many questions about this!
  • Who actually verifies that all the athletes on the team were actually released by their old gym? Or does no one care since it is vitually the same organization under a different name?
  • How easy is it to become a USASF member as a new gym and how fast can that actually happen?
  • Do the coaches need to register as USASF certified coaches for the new gym or can they just "leave" their old program and now be coaching the new one?
  • What about the old gym? What if the coaches are still coaching at the old gym (assuming it is still in existence since the whole purpose of this was to get this team back to a bid competition without bringing 50% of the old program) and now the "new" program - doesn't that raise some suspicion in the eyes of the USASF and the EP, or are they just content that they are getting the competition fees from the "new" program, it "satisfies" the 50% rule and that is good enough for them?

It's absolutely ridiculous that this loophole exists. If a program can cheat, be caught and declared ineligible for a bid, and then come back as a different team/program trying for another bid to a competition that requires 50% of the program but now they are actually 100% of their program, there is definitely something wrong with USASF rules. It actually makes a gym who does this look even shadier than if they were just found cheating and declared ineligible for a bid. I hope someone calls these teams out.

Back