All-Star New Zealand Lvl 5 Cheerleader Needs Homestay Family Urgent!!! :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2011
Ok, so I'm Elora Norman, Im 18, and Im from Auckland New Zealand, and cheerleading is my life.
I was so in love with it that i decided i wanted to live in america for a year and go to highschool and continue doing allstar cheerleading which i do here currently (and have been for atleast 6years)

I was going to end up in Nevada in a small town too far away from any cheer gyms which devestated me. I tried to find another family that would take me in that at least lived close to cheerleading gyms that i could go to.. But i was unsuccessful. So i came here to try and find a family that i KNOW is involved with cheerleading and would love it as much as i do and understand that i could not live without it.

If you were interested.. All you need is a stable home, a high school nearby, and no criminal record to be able to host me. I will pay for all my own expenses, and you get money from my exchange program that pays for food and other neccesities.. I just need somewhere to stay and Im running out of time to sort something out :'(

I was having seconds thoughts because i knew i wouldnt survive without cheer and i know all of you probably understand that but im running out of time to find a definite family and i dont wanna be put in a situation where i have to chose between going and doing cheerleading, or going at all! :(

I come from a loving family and even though i wasn't raised into any religion i would be open and appreciative of anyone who decided to host me no matter what. I just turned 18, I have a brother and a sister also. I have no major medical conditions, but i have health insurance because i know how cheerleading can get! Hosting me would hopefully be a really enjoyable time for you and me and if you decided to help me out i would make a huge effort to be as friendly and helpful as i could :)

Im very positive, and aside from cheerleading im interested in music and a little bit of fashion too i also think im very compassionate and caring to other people :) and apart from having a few physical setbacks I have a running full and a standing tuck and can fly (kick doubles full up to lib ball up to stretch etc).. and can base baskets and main stunts as a side base :)

If you want to know any more -This exchange program is the one i have chosen to travel with so all the information about what it means to be a host family is on this website - http://www.effoundation.co.nz/host-a-student/

So if you have any questions or anything and you think you would consider helping me have the best year of my life..please contact me asap!!
The exchange is directed towards educational purposes so its for the same amount of time as a high school year which is why im running out of time fast because the american school year starts very very very soon!!!

Thanks for reading!
Love Elora Norman

If you want an idea of the teams I competed with take a quick look at these videos
Team New Zealand at ICU this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTFJMq3wac&feature=related
New Zealand Viperz 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quvxT9ORUsU

My parents would probably never host you :/ but I can attest that this is a GREAT opportunity. I was a part of a student leadership program that traveled abroad for 3 weeks in the summer. A part of the experience was a homestay that lasted for just a few days. Although it was a great experience I wish that I was able to prolong it and get a real stay from it. But I really can say that it is beneficial for BOTH sides in this situation. If you are able, really jump on this opportunity that will change your life!

I think I'm starting to think this might not be legit. I think you've DEFINITELY posted enough threads on this to get a response. Sorry if i sound negative, but I'm getting a little concerned about the number of people UNDER 18 who are responding to this with perhaps a little too much information for someone whose request hasn't been verified (not this thread, but some of the others). But 6 threads on the same topic (and no, I don't care if they're all in different forums. 1 would still be plenty) is bordering on spam.

If it is legit and you really just need a family to stay with, then reply to the people who've already replied and if those don't work out and you need people to see it again just BUMP the other thread - no need to re-post.

Everyone on here gets absolutely fried for asking questions that have already been asked a million times...is there a reason we're not doing that for THIS???

I think I'm starting to think this might not be legit. I think you've DEFINITELY posted enough threads on this to get a response. Sorry if i sound negative, but I'm getting a little concerned about the number of people UNDER 18 who are responding to this with perhaps a little too much information for someone whose request hasn't been verified (not this thread, but some of the others). But 6 threads on the same topic (and no, I don't care if they're all in different forums. 1 would still be plenty) is bordering on spam.

If it is legit and you really just need a family to stay with, then reply to the people who've already replied and if those don't work out and you need people to see it again just BUMP the other thread - no need to re-post.

Everyone on here gets absolutely fried for asking questions that have already been asked a million times...is there a reason we're not doing that for THIS???

Wow...our gym has had many cheerleaders seek us out this way and try to get host families thru our gym. We have had families host kids from all over 2 from germany, chile, brazil, and we our getting 2 boys from Hong Kong this year. I just think we have a child really trying to get placed with a cheer family. Probably excited and trying to get placed within four weeks when school does start!!! Also, I only read the allstar thread so this was the first post I saw. Not everyone reads every forum!!! EASY Just-a-mom remember she is Just-a-kid!! No disrespect, but she is also from a foreign country.

**Elnora I will let our gym know about your situation!!!! Maybe someone is up for the adventure!!!!!

Wow...our gym has had many cheerleaders seek us out this way and try to get host families thru our gym. We have had families host kids from all over 2 from germany, chile, brazil, and we our getting 2 boys from Hong Kong this year. I just think we have a child really trying to get placed with a cheer family. Probably excited and trying to get placed within four weeks when school does start!!! Also, I only read the allstar thread so this was the first post I saw. Not everyone reads every forum!!! EASY Just-a-mom remember she is Just-a-kid!! No disrespect, but she is also from a foreign country.

**Elnora I will let our gym know about your situation!!!! Maybe someone is up for the adventure!!!!!

OK...but still she hasn't replied to the people who've replied to her. All I said was I was concerned about people just posting their info so easily. I DO think it's probable that she's legit - I just want people to verify before posting info.

And like I said...no reason to post 6 threads. If I posted 6 identical threads on glitter make-up - one thread in each forum - I'd get called out 6 ways from Sunday for it. AND 5 of them would get deleted. Just was questioning why it's ok to post the same exact post in every forum. Whether you read every forum or not doesn't really matter - that's why there are different forums, to sort out the threads so people don't have to read everything.

OK...but still she hasn't replied to the people who've replied to her. All I said was I was concerned about people just posting their info so easily. I DO think it's probable that she's legit - I just want people to verify before posting info.

And like I said...no reason to post 6 threads. If I posted 6 identical threads on glitter make-up - one thread in each forum - I'd get called out 6 ways from Sunday for it. AND 5 of them would get deleted. Just was questioning why it's ok to post the same exact post in every forum. Whether you read every forum or not doesn't really matter - that's why there are different forums, to sort out the threads so people don't have to read everything.
That was my point....since I don't read every forum I would have never seen she needed help to send the info out to our gym. She is also in a WAY different time zone so her responses could be delayed. The company she posted on this thread looks legit. Just sayin.....glitter make up is a little different situation, I feel she is trying to reach a huge number of people, and again is a child from another country. She might not understand all the "Fierce Board" rules!!!

I can't speak to the legitimacy of this request; I can, however, tell you that the exchange program with EF is legitimate. I used to work for the company.

Ive only posted one thread all the allstar cheerleading forum and i had previously posted 3 on the newbies one because i thought you had to go be able to post here.. I have had a response! which is great but i want to make sure i get my message out so I can find the best family and i thought if i posted in the bigger forum i would have a better chance...
And im also new to the website sorry and i have no idea how to use it :'(

I have message most of the users that have offered to have me privately, and because of the time difference.. i couldnt reply to you both until now and i thought you had to make 3 different threads to become a verified user but i thin i got confused with doing that or just making posts but someone else who was actually very nice helped me out with that because one user told me id made to many and that that might be a problem.

I have message most of the users that have offered to have me privately, and because of the time difference.. i couldnt reply to you both until now and i thought you had to make 3 different threads to become a verified user but i thin i got confused with doing that or just making posts but someone else who was actually very nice helped me out with that because one user told me id made to many and that that might be a problem.

Well I do hope you find someone. I just have to worry because I'm a MOM! It's my job to worry.

Well I do hope you find someone. I just have to worry because I'm a MOM! It's my job to worry.
I completely understand ! haha and im sorry about.. all the threads i really had no idea how to use the site and im running out of time so i was a little frantic! i understand why you may have been concerned :)

Back