Newbie Question About Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2016
Someone told me where to find the scores from our last comp online so I looked at them to learn what I could. So I actually have 2 questions:

1. for some teams, it just listed final score out of 100. For other teams, it listed final score out of 100 but also broke it down to include their build score, their tumbling score and deductions. Why would there be a difference in what info was released?

2. What is an average range of scores? For example. In our level 2 division, there was a 3 point difference between the 1st place team and the last place team. At the same competition, in a level 1 division there was an 8 point difference between the 1st and last place teams.

Someone told me where to find the scores from our last comp online so I looked at them to learn what I could. So I actually have 2 questions:

1. for some teams, it just listed final score out of 100. For other teams, it listed final score out of 100 but also broke it down to include their build score, their tumbling score and deductions. Why would there be a difference in what info was released?

2. What is an average range of scores? For example. In our level 2 division, there was a 3 point difference between the 1st place team and the last place team. At the same competition, in a level 1 division there was an 8 point difference between the 1st and last place teams.

It depends on which scoresheets were released. The coach has a breakdown of all the ranges. There isn't an average range of scores, it depends on what the teams put out in the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your answer to number 1 it also depends on who is releasing the information.
Most competitions release just placements (some do release the finals score)
And sometimes coaches and other people get ahold of score sheets that the coaches are given and post the score sheets with the breakdowns. Definitely depends on where it is coming from.

As far as average range that can vary depending on the team and the judges.
Generally when looking at scoresheets I have seen some low scores in the 80s. This isn't a normal score for a good routine. This would likely be one high in deductions and not have a lot of the things it needs to hit the scoresheet. Whether it be not enough, stunts, baskets, tumblers. Not difficult enough for the appropriate level. Or poorly executed.

Generally at more comps we been to the high scorers of the comps were 95+.
However this even varies by judging panel at the competition.

Level 1 scoring is usually different because their possible score is a 90. Level 2 and up can go up to 100.

So what tends to happen is they get a score (our level 1 usually gets around 85 out of 90)

So they convert that score over to percent of perfection by seeing what an 85/90 would be if it was out of 100.
So this is how its converted if they scored an 85 in level 1. They do this probably to help with bids and grand champs I guess

85 X
_____ X _____

90 100

90x 8500
_____ _______
90 90

X= 94.44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back