All-Star Nike Free Hyper Cheer Experiences?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2010
I'm a huge Nike fan in general but found my Cheer Flash shoes to be too heavy, so I switched to Nfinity Phoenix. I love how light they are but especially for game appearences (indoor) I feel like I need a shoe with more support. At the last event, we were at, we were standing for hours and my feet started to really hurt.
So I thought about buying Nike Free shoes in white... and found these two that are actually made for cheerleading.

Does anyone have any experience with them? As I'll be ordering via the US, shipping and tax and everything will be quite expensive so I wanted to get some insight beforehand... ;)

Nike Free Hyper Cheer:
Nike Free Hyper Cheer - Women's - Cheer - Shoes - White

Nike Cheer Compete:
Nike Cheer Compete - Women's - Cheer - Shoes - White

I haven't used the two shoes you are asking about but my team is just a game day school and we use the Nike Air Mix Down II shoes (our 2nd year with them) They are much lighter and less bulky than my old one (the Nike Cheer Flash) and I don't remember ever having a problem of my feet hurting at or after games last year or so far this year. So you might want to look into those if you can't find any information about the ones your currently considering!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

No direct experience with these, but I researched a little. Little also thought the Flash was like wearing bricks. The weight of the shoes you're referencing:

Flash - 9 oz
Free and Compete - 6.5 oz
Phoenix - 5.9 oz

I'm a Free fan, personally. But then, I don't fly.

My Nike Frees are the most comfortable shoes I own. They're not the cheer ones, but I'd assume they're similar. The only comment I have is that the shape of the sole could be difficult to stunt with because they're wider in the front and heel than most cheer shoes.

ETA: I mean if you're a flyer. If you're a base, the sole doesn't matter.

I teach high school and our squad at school has these this year. They like them much better than both nike sideline and infinity game day. They say they are a better balance of bring light and easy to tumble in and providing enough support to cheer a whole game.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Thank you so much for your insight. Luckily, I'm a base so the sole is not that important. :)

@cheer25mom Which model do the use? The compete or the hyper?

I'm telling myself that even if I don't like the for cheer, I'll still have nice everyday sneakers. ;)

I use the Nike Free Compete for tumbling, and I LOVE it! I needed a shoe with a bit more support (was previously using Nfinity Vengeance) and the transition to these was great! I'd definitely recommend them for anyone - this is what all the college acro teams use :)

I use the Nike Free Compete for tumbling, and I LOVE it! I needed a shoe with a bit more support (was previously using Nfinity Vengeance) and the transition to these was great! I'd definitely recommend them for anyone - this is what all the college acro teams use :)

Thank you so much! :)
One more question:
How about the sizing? Could I go into a store and try regular Nike Free and just order the same size? Or ar the smaller/bigger?

Do these shoes have any kind if arch support? My cp uses the vengeance and she likes them but her feet need some support and the vengeance have none.

Do these shoes have any kind if arch support? My cp uses the vengeance and she likes them but her feet need some support and the vengeance have none.

I found this video and in there they say it does have some sort of cushioning in the back "for added comfort". Don't know if this is enough but it does sound good.

The problem with my Nfinity Phoenix is that they're becoming wider and wider around my ankle, which is really bothering me as I feel like I'm slipping around in them.
So I think, I will give the Nike Cheer Compete a try. I also love the Free but I guss the compete are a little less bulky.

I have to say that 40$ for shipping to Germany is ridiculous, just saying. But even with that and tax included, I won't pay more that I would pay for a Nike shoe over here... so I guess I just have to suck it up. ;)

Back