All-Star No Bows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year I was at a comp and a team got a .5 deduction for every girl (there were 20) because they didn't have bows. Something about how they were missing a part of there uniform. I think you'd get points off if you wear plain spanks instead of a skirt too!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Whaaaaaat?!?!? How can they say what is part of the uni? There is no official uniform for them to base that policy off of. That doesn't make any sense to me. What competition was it? :confused:

Here's a few things I've seen around that could have potential if done the right way. Ideas to get the creativity flowing!:
"Senorita" hair (a.k.a red flower clipped into side pony): http://www.cheerpower.com/RESULTS 12-13/PICS/SN_7000_X2_0104.JPG

Flower "Duo" Clip: Hair Clips

Royalty/Vintage looking Clip (this is my favorite) : Hair Clips

Logo Headband (could do a gym logo as long as the matching uniform is very clean & simple):glam headbands, lettered headbands, collegiate headbands, headbands, sororities, glitter, sequins, softball headbands, cheerleading, dance, spirit wear, volleyball headbands, gymnastics, sports headbands, fundraisers

Glitter Headband: sequin headband cheer - Bing Images

Beaded Headband (with bun instead of pony+bow....) : [url]http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2013/09/03/09/09/QBhgD.St.58.jpeg[/URL]

Hair Gems (funkyteam from Finland uses them sometimes):
Example 1 -
Funky Team - Silverbacks | Facebook
Example 2 -
Funky Team - Funky Team's Photos | Facebook

Worded Headband: cute! | CHEER!

Side bun with "flower" ribbon: Cheerleading Hair Tie | CHEER!

Non-Tailed Bow (yeah it is still a bow, but not a very commonly used one in cheer) :http://babytiffanys.com/images/thumbnails/101_3704-Copy.JPG
Oooo I do like the side bun with flower ribbon! I saw some championship level irish dancers with some side bun/pony ideas with a clip in that are similar I thought could work also

Oooo I do like the side bun with flower ribbon! I saw some championship level irish dancers with some side bun/pony ideas with a clip in that are similar I thought could work also

I love love love the side pony look for the Irish dancers! Sadly, my child hates it, so I will only get to admire it on other dancers (she only likes regular wigs - she doesn't even like the buns. :( )

It seems to be like bow-less looks for cheer - very polarizing, people either love it or hate it. I really like how the side pony looks with the tiara on top and the flower clip in the pony tail (I know a tiara wouldn't work for cheer, but the flower would!).

Whaaaaaat?!?!? How can they say what is part of the uni? There is no official uniform for them to base that policy off of. That doesn't make any sense to me. What competition was it? :confused:

The only thing I can come up with is that they had bows every other competition except this one and judges figure they forgot or something, not sure why they thought a whole team forgetting bows was logical.

It was a very athletic look, I think you have to match it with the right uniform. And the teams that come to mind that did it were very tight and clean, almost robotic looking so it worked for them. They slicked the bun back very tight and made the bun high enough so the top could be seen from the front.
I suddenly had a vision of the Robert Palmer Allstars.

When I think of the perfect kind of bow, stingray orange comes to mind. A bow that isn't the size of a little girls head, or looks like mickey mouse ears sticking straight up 5 inches from their ponytail. Glitzy and glittery bows are cute and all but we could prob take a few inches off the size...

I love bows! I thinks that's the last part of cheerleading that allstars are holding on to. The uniforms are more gymnast then cheer, the routines are basically acro tumbling, cheers are practically extinct. The bows are the only thing that distinguishes us as cheerleaders.

I love love love the side pony look for the Irish dancers! Sadly, my child hates it, so I will only get to admire it on other dancers (she only likes regular wigs - she doesn't even like the buns. :( )

It seems to be like bow-less looks for cheer - very polarizing, people either love it or hate it. I really like how the side pony looks with the tiara on top and the flower clip in the pony tail (I know a tiara wouldn't work for cheer, but the flower would!).

Agree! They should totally get rid of the wigs IMO now that the dresses are lighter in style and don't need such big hair to balance them out. I see though that some of the top champions have gone back to regular wigs in the latest pics though :( anyways back to topic...would love for this hair to take off in cheer!

My minis are doing a side bun with a tailless bow. :)

Back