All-Star No Life

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my youngest who is 8 hasnt really seen how it effects her yet.... but my 13 year old misses out on so much. tonight there is no halloween for her. she has practice. but i can say 100% she wouldnt trade it for anything. I think allstar cheer has helped her be the young woman she is today. it has taught her many things other than just cheer stuff. We are on our 10th year this season and she is still as in love with it today as she was when she was 4 :)

i can honestly say i will never ever regret what cheerleading has taught me, shown me and let me do, being from a large family with wide age gaps and having my dad be the only person that has worked cheerleading has been something that has allowed me to see different parts of the world, different aspects of life and people that i would have never ever experienced otherwise, granted my high school life has been different because ive been epileptic since grade 9 and have had to make sure my body is constantly in perfect condition and i have to take medication everyday but cheerleading has always been that one thing thats got me through everything and told me i can always improve and do what i set my mind to, had i stopped cheerleading in grade 9 like i planned i am absolutely positive things would have turned out 100% then they have for me currently had i done so

I love this thread. I hope at some point I get a chance to meet each and everyone of you, your all incredible !!

I wouldn't regret it. Trust me those that say your best years are in high school are crazy. I actually regret not being more involved in cheer.
I will say though that there is more to life then cheer so never forget that part. I have noticed some people on the board that seem to forget that and it worries me a little. I feel the same with all sports, do not let it overcome your life to the point of it completely revolving around cheer and nothing else.

No regrets, at all, its all about time management, granted that i dont travel 100+ miles for my practice.... but my life is pretty much:
classes Monday - Thursday, and i coach tuesday and sunday, do hw in the after noon, and college practice tues, weds, thurs, sun, and allstar on Monday and Sunday. then that leaves friday and saturday and post practice on thursday for partying with my college team, or wherever

I joined cheer when I was older, 16. I worked really hard my goal was to be on the worlds team, it never happened but I didn't fall short of my goal I ended up on a level four coed by the end of my cheer life lol. In high school I missed out on every school dance, a lot of grad parties and other high school activities, even lunch! haha. That was my only time for homework. I was a crossover so I was at the gym 5 days of the week and the other days I would be working to pay for it. I was just too tired to go out partying with my friends, don't get me wrong I went out the odd time but never drank. I wouldn't want to put that unhealthy stress on my body. I had to travel an hour and a half to practice and was there at least 3 hours. I don't regret any of it. I feel bad for everyone who isn't in cheerleading. They'll never understand how much of an amazing sport it is and how every second of being tired and sore is worth it. :)

My cp is a senior and at least once a week wonders out loud how she is going to handle not cheering after this year. She was a late comer to All-Star, starting as a freshman, but fell in love. It has not been easy, trying to learn a back handspring when you're already 5'8" was a challenge for her and at the end of her sophomore season her knees started giving her fits and giving out. She has had xrays and an MRI and second opinions and we can find no explanation other than possible microtears. Her back hurts her and she walks like an old woman after an intense practice,but as long as her doctors say they see nothing to indicate she is causing any damage and as long as she is willing to put up with the pain, we are letting her have this last year. So she downs the Aleeve before practice, puts on her knee braces and goes and does what she loves. It hurts knowing how hard it is for her to do what comes so (seemingly) effortlessly (and painlessly) to her teammates, but I admire her dedication and I know she would not have missed it for anything.

Back