All-Star No More 'nationals'

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only part I am leery of is #9 (unless you are assuming that the Summit and US Finals become USASF events like Worlds, not Varsity / Jam Brands.)

Otherwise, we need to start somewhere, and waiting to develop a perfect system means we wait forever. :) I get a new system will have its issues, but I'd rather deal with issues if it means moving in the right direction.

In my thinking only USASF would do this.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

This is very similar to the idea I posted in the USAsf and varsity independence thread. Something should be done

I'm happy this is up for discussion again. Not sure what the answer will be but the sport needs to be run like a sport for the sake of youth safety and safety in general. Oh yeah there's that credibility in the sporting world issue.

I've started threads and made comments the last 2 years about this. Not that I think I am the know it all, but I feel all parents should be knowledgeable of what their child's sport does and does not do.

I would also like to see EP's have a score you have to reach in order to get a banner if you are alone in your division. You aren't a National champion if you had no competition!

There is a score. It's relatively low, but you do have to beat a score if you're alone in your division.

So:

Events with no state restrictions that are 2 days: Nationals

150+ teams are: power nationals

500+ teams are: grand nationals

Sent from the Fierce Board App

And before you know it, those nationals become power nationals, power nationals become grand nationals, and the grand nationals are now EXTREME NATIONALS. Anything to attract teams.
Before you know it, you'll be able to submit a video for a fee and your jackets will be sent in the mail...

I wish that were the case in Ontario! It seems some teams look for divisions to compete alone just for the title or banner!

I wish that were the case in Ontario! It seems some teams look for divisions to compete alone just for the title or banner!
it'd be interesting to hear which gyms you would be referring to..
dont worry, im not asking for names or to see any gyms called out. I just never recall seeing gyms within ontario specifically enter divisions just to get a title. granted i havent cheered in canada for 2 years but the fact of the matter is i dont know of any gyms that would do this.

or maybe its just my nature of wanting to see the best in people hoping it wouldnt happen

it'd be interesting to hear which gyms you would be referring to..
dont worry, im not asking for names or to see any gyms called out. I just never recall seeing gyms within ontario specifically enter divisions just to get a title. granted i havent cheered in canada for 2 years but the fact of the matter is i dont know of any gyms that would do this.

or maybe its just my nature of wanting to see the best in people hoping it wouldnt happen
I don't like that it happens either! It's misleading to tell families you have won x number of championships without saying you didn't have any competition!

And before you know it, those nationals become power nationals, power nationals become grand nationals, and the grand nationals are now EXTREME NATIONALS. Anything to attract teams.
Before you know it, you'll be able to submit a video for a fee and your jackets will be sent in the mail...

I'd save a lot of money on travel. Sounds good to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, this isn't a terrible idea.

I just wish each "brand" had their own "national".. and to attend there was some form of qualification.

Latest posts

Back