All-Star Non-level 5 Rankings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not aware that any level 5 teams are ranked either unless you're talking about how they finish at worlds.

There's definitely no way to definitively rank 1-4. I wouldn't even consider the summit since many teams either didn't compete at a summit bid competition or turned down a bid they got to attend.

NCA would be a good measuring stick but its limited only to the gyms that showed up, same with CHEERSPORT but even then it's only a good gauge of how they ranked "that day."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Jam Brands does a ranking. It's on the US Finals facebook page, they do it every month. Not sure if it's just for teams attending US Finals or all of Jam Brands? I'm assuming they take either their top score from the Jam Brands comps they've attended or average it if they've done more than one

Couldnt varsity do one say using their score sheets from all varsity events, most events list winners with their score, For instance maybe compiling and entering data from all events and then listing all teams from 1-4/restricted 5 with a top 20. in each level.( not division) Or gatherering all grand champ scores for every level each event and then list top 10-20. I guess it would require to much work, but it was a least a nice thought for the moment

Jam brands does monthly rankings based on their events. I do like the idea of varsity doing something similar. Shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Couldnt varsity do one say using their score sheets from all varsity events, most events list winners with their score, For instance maybe compiling and entering data from all events and then listing all teams from 1-4/restricted 5 with a top 20. in each level.( not division) Or gatherering all grand champ scores for every level each event and then list top 10-20. I guess it would require to much work, but it was a least a nice thought for the moment

Isn't that what the battle for texas and or Midwest Championship is like? Varsity texas/midwest events ranked and scored to give a final champion.

I wonder if there are plans to do more regions/nationally in the future.

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/Texas%20Championship%20Standings.pdf

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I feel like there is no way this could ever be even close to accurate... Judging is not the same at all events. Even if the score sheets are the same, some judging panels score harder than others.

I think the only way you can rank competitive cheerleading is to compete in a nationally-organized regional event and then the winners move on to division, then state, and then on to nationals. Use standard score sheets nationally. Of course, it would be ideal if you got to compete more than once - maybe each step being a 2 day event with scores counting EQUALLY for both days? Perhaps the EPs can take turns hosting each year.
Just a parent's opinion.

Back