All-Star Non-tumblers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

hey guys,
i have a question for all of you.. how many (if any) people who are on your team that dont tumble at all. i am asking this becasue i have a very seriouse mental block that wont een let me do my roundoff anymore :( and i was wondering if the higher level teams (well, all teams)had people like that. or if they had people who had injuries or other reasons they couldn tubmle...
thanks all <3

Right now we have 21 people on our team and only... 12 or 13 serious tumblers. I'm pretty sure almost everyone can standing tuck/jumps to tuck but anything other than that, not too many. A lot of the reason for it is just the fact that we have a lot of guys who don't tumble. All stunters who never had the necessity to get tumbling past a standing/jump tuck. I know at the international/open age level it's a lot more common to have multiple who don't tumble.

I feel your pain! Tumbling does not come easily for my CP either. I think it's a combination of a lot of things mentioned her. I think there is a strong element of personality in it. If you are more cautious in tumble too. Now its major stress time because it's my CPs final year coming up!
This next season will be my final year too! :confused:

This is my third year on Senior 4 and second on level 5 (restricted this year, international last year) and there has been a few girls that don't tumble, including me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Do you excel in another area? I have level 5 flying skills but I have like level 2 tumbling haha. Also where do you cheer?

Do you excel in another area? I have level 5 flying skills but I have like level 2 tumbling haha. Also where do you cheer?
I would say I'm a pretty good upper level back spot. I understand the workings of level 4 & 5 stunting and I've been doing it for a long time. I cheer at Jersey All stars.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I didnt tumble without a spot and I was on level 3 and level 4 last year! give me any stunt and i'll probably be able to do it

On my senior 3 team about 10/29 don't do any tumbling at all. A few more only do bhs, the rest all have tuck or better. On restricted 5 we have one girl who only throws bhs but is one of the best bases in the gym. Her twin sister throws a tuck and is another one of our best bases. 2 more girls throw two to tuck and running bhs tuck. 7 of us throw layout (me) and 9 throw running full. So if you can help your team in other aspects of a routine you have a chance of making an upper level team. Just make sure you're working as hard in other areas as these girls are in their tumbling!

I'm on a worlds team and just got my jumps to back. I don't tumble apart from that. Have a huge fear of bhs because I badly dislocated my elbow and almost quit. I confidently fly level 5 and 6 and I've come to the realisation that beating myself up about not having running tumbling is pointless. I am working RO tucks, standing bhs and RO flips (all spotted) just because I think building strength and body awareness is important, but I have pretty jumps and hold my own in the air. You are placed on higher level teams for a reason. To question it is to doubt your coach/es' and their vision of a successful team.

There are a lot of teams that have people who don't tumble! Everyone is on the team for a special reason. A super good flyer might not have the best tumbling, while a really good tumbler might not be the best flyer. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses- which is why it's good that Cheerleading is a team sport!

Since only 75% of the team has to do the tumbling skills in the routine, it does help non tumblers on teams also. I don't do any running tumbling in my routine. It's not needed since we have 75% tumbling already. Yes I feel bad when everyone is conditioning the running tumbling but I go to the side if I can and work jumps or condition myself.

Wanna know the highest tumbling pass I've ever thrown on the mat? A dive roll. I don't tumble. After a series of bad injuries, tumbling literally just scares me to death...but I pull my weight in everything else, and I've earned spots on teams up to level 4 based on my hard work in the other areas. But nonetheless, it's such a touchy topic...I think it really just upsets me when girls think that just because they tumble in the routine, they can just not work as hard on the parts I work my booty off on, and then give the excuse to me, "you don't tumble, you don't do any work". I do just as much work as everyone else on the team, because while they're throwing their fancy passes-I'm yelling and cheering them on!
I guess what I'm trying to say is that i have worked hard to get where I am today-tumbling or no tumbling-and my gym has accepted and respected that..and I'm perfectly fine being a non-tumbler.

My daughter does very little tumbling on her current team. Part of this is because she never has been able to get her tuck consistently, part of it due to a weird mental block where she can't throw multiple standing back handsprings on demand. I would hope that the other things she does in the routine, especially basing stunts and dancing, would make up for that. If not, then she might be performing at a different level next year.

You want to know the hardest skill I've thrown in a routine? A roundoff but I always made sure I was working for harder skills as well as making sure I can pull my weight in other areas like dance and stunting. I think as long as you show that you're working on getting past the block and pull up your weight in other areas, you'll be ok.

Back