All-Star Not About Cheer But How Do I Delete My Account?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5411
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 5411

I no longer am involved in cheer and I hate having accounts scattered here and there I don't want. I left a message to an admin asking how but haven't heard back. I was just curious if any of y'all know how? Thanks! :D

I am not a fan of deleting accounts because it allows people to think they can sign up for an account, post some trouble, and just delete their trace. That is what I prefer happen on twitter (and now what does). Because of this you CAN delete an account on your own, but you have to pay for the privaledge.

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/account/upgrades

If you really want to delete it, there is your ability.

Pretty sure is $100 to delete or something like that. Or unless I deamt that up, which is also completely feasible.

Nope. That was the solution I came up with if someone wants to delete their account that bad.

I should add I fully intend no one to pay and actually use this, but creating the option seemed to stop all the requests (problem solved).

I seriously would have to pay to delete something I don't intend on using?

I do understand where you're coming from. I was an admin somewhere else before lol. It's just not a reasonable thing to expect anyone to do or to be able to afford to do. No one but the owner of the account "owns" the right of that account and that person should have the right to delete the account they own if they choose to do so. When I signed up years ago before you took over this was not the rule. I would never have signed up if it had been. I believe the rules should be grandfathered in as they are in a lot of legalities. I deleted my twitter account because I don't use it, and I really just plain don't want this account.

I can't afford to delete it money wise because I support 3 households & every penny counts towards someone's survival. Seriously. I hope you will consider deleting it for me? Please? Thank you.

I seriously would have to pay to delete something I don't intend on using?

I do understand where you're coming from. I was an admin somewhere else before lol. It's just not a reasonable thing to expect anyone to do or to be able to afford to do. No one but the owner of the account "owns" the right of that account and that person should have the right to delete the account they own if they choose to do so. When I signed up years ago before you took over this was not the rule. I would never have signed up if it had been. I believe the rules should be grandfathered in as they are in a lot of legalities. I deleted my twitter account because I don't use it, and I really just plain don't want this account.

I can't afford to delete it money wise because I support 3 households & every penny counts towards someone's survival. Seriously. I hope you will consider deleting it for me? Please? Thank you.

Yes it is the standard. I have seen the original terms and services form back in original signup and it says that they are possible to change at any time at any notice.

It's also a privacy issue. These days people delete old accounts because they may not want anyone to have access to anything online.
It's actually not a normal thing to be charged to delete a free account. I've been asking around on public forums and no one has ever heard of it before. It makes y'all look ridiculously draconian.
You simply cannot hold a free account hostage. It is beyond rational thinking.

It's also a privacy issue. These days people delete old accounts because they may not want anyone to have access to anything online.
It's actually not a normal thing to be charged to delete a free account. I've been asking around on public forums and no one has ever heard of it before. It makes y'all look ridiculously draconian.
You simply cannot hold a free account hostage. It is beyond rational thinking.

I can take away the option to pay to delete and match other forums that don't delete at all. Will that make everyone feel better?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

*added to my comment directly above* If the rule had been changed to Pay to Delete then everyone should have been sent a link to click Yes they agreed to it, or No to opt out and not continue. That was never given...at least I was never sent it. It honestly sounds illegal. You can't embezzle someone out of money so they can delete a free account.

KIng, would you rather me post my login info on public forums and have random people come over here to cause trouble? It makes no difference to me one way or the other. I'm game if you are...

Back