All-Star Not Showing Up To A Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 16, 2010
Today I had a girl on my Junior 2 team not show up for competition. No call or text from the parents or the athlete. I was completely blindsided...

We were able to rework the stunts and formations and fortunately my girls really pulled it together to make it work and hit their routine with only .5 in deductions!!

If I were a parent I would never allow my CP to miss a competition or any major event... especially without telling the coaches and I was wondering if this has ever happened to your program or team?

How did you handle the situation?

unless something catastrophic happened I would replace her.... It's not fair to all the other cheerleaders, parents and coaches.

It was in our gym contract that if you missed a competition (not counting a coach excused absence or emergency) then you were off the team. Competing is the whole point of allstars, so if you arent there for that what are you in it for?

I've had this happen once...she was thrown off the team after the competition.

Eventually had a text from her later in the day but had to hear from one of the other girls that she wouldn't be there.

Curious about her reason for missing...

Curious about her reason for missing...

Apparently last night at a sleepover she got into a fight (not physical but a "you're mean I don't like you right now" type thing) with her best friend, who is also on the team and was driving her to the competition, so she did not want to go anymore.

Sometimes I loathe middle school girls.

I sometimes just hate cheerleaders in general lol
tongue.png

A girl who I used to cheer with on high school does all stars too and had a competition for both on the same day (they were at different venues but in the same city and the times didn't conflict). The All Star competition was first, and there was a bad injury on the floor which caused the whole thing to run behind. However, her team was only exhibitioning but she stayed to perform and missed the high school competition... No call, no text. She just showed up to the HS comp after our team performed and didn't think anything of it... The girls reworked the routine 5 minutes before they went on the mat. Our coach was devastated but they managed to make it work.
Our coach never really took any action, the girls on the team just made her feel unwelcomed so she just never went back and quit right then.

Shame on the parents as well, who aren't setting a good example by ensuring the athlete understood their commitment and made sure they made it to the competition.

I also sometimes hate middle school girls....my cp is one :)

This is why I wish my daughter would stay 7 forever.

The 7 years olds have their issues too, just different from the teenager issues. The 7 year olds have 50 million questions that I generally have no answers to :rolleyes:
They also have attention spans of .5 seconds... I coach a youth team, and right when we were getting all pumped up to go on the floor to compete, one of the girls turns to me and says, "I hope the steelers win tonight!" -____-

They also have attention spans of .5 seconds... I coach a youth team, and right when we were getting all pumped up to go on the floor to compete, one of the girls turns to me and says, "I hope the steelers win tonight!" -____-

haha...they make you laugh, or pull your hair out depending on the drugs you're taking
wink.png

Back