All-Star Number Of Boys On Large Coed Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I always think about the number of boys on large coed teams, seeing that the max is 18. Do you think the number of boys makes a significant impact on the possibility of placing well in the division? I am curious to know how many boys are on each of the large coed teams this season, because I know Prodigy only has 11 (plus 1 coming back from an ACL injury).

Please fill in the blanks that you are sure of!

ACE:
ACX:
A-Towne:
California:
Cheer Athletics:
Cheer Central:
Cheer Extreme:
Cheer Zone:
Florida Top Dog:
Pro Cheer:
Top Gun:
Twister Cheer Academy:
Ultimate Athletics: 11 (1 alternate)

I don't think the number of boys matters. The team just needs to max out of coed stunts, so 10-11 seems enough to max out single basing. I'm not a judge though, it's just my opinion. The strength and talent from more boys definetly helps stunting and tumbling though. But a girl can be just as strong! It just depends I guess

ACE:
ACX:
A-Towne:
California:
Cheer Athletics:
Cheer Central:
Cheer Extreme: 12
Cheer Zone:
Florida Top Dog:
Pro Cheer:
Top Gun: 18
Twister Cheer Academy:
Ultimate Athletics: 11 (plus 1 alternate)

CEA has 13. If you're counting from the video I'm in the back for most of the routine so it's hard to see and count me. I'm there and doing things, just hidden in the barrage of people that is a routine.

I think the number of boys has an effect on the overall impression of the routine, along with possibly the stunting ability depending on the team, but I say that with reservation because Top Gun Semi put up 12 good stunts last year with only 12 guys. When I watch a large coed routine, the more boys with more tumbling, more coed stunting, more jumping etc. the more I feel like like I'm watching a large coed routine. Since medium has been 12 boys for the past 2 seasons, I've felt like that's what I was watching with a few of these routines, but like I said, that's just the feel of the routine, and it is all dependent on the athletes on the teams themselves whether the amount of boys actually effects score.

I think the number of boys has an effect on the overall impression of the routine, along with possibly the stunting ability depending on the team, but I say that with reservation because Top Gun Semi put up 12 good stunts last year with only 12 guys. When I watch a large coed routine, the more boys with more tumbling, more coed stunting, more jumping etc. the more I feel like like I'm watching a large coed routine. Since medium has been 12 boys for the past 2 seasons, I've felt like that's what I was watching with a few of these routines, but like I said, that's just the feel of the routine, and it is all dependent on the athletes on the teams themselves whether the amount of boys actually effects score.
I agree with that statement...For me watching a large coed team, the more boys the better!! But of course Im watching for my own enjoyment, not to judge whos the best. Thats up to the athletes to decide if they can hang with the big dogs with less boys, and some have already proven they can.

ACE: 16
ACX:
A-Towne:
California: 18
Cheer Athletics: 17
Cheer Central:
Cheer Extreme: 13
Cheer Zone:
Florida Top Dog:
Pro Cheer: 18
Twister Cheer Academy:

Very interesting! I agree the more boys the more it obviously seems like a large coed team.

ACX:
A-Towne:
Cheer Central:
Cheer Extreme: 14
Cheer Zone:
Florida Top Dog:
Twister Cheer Academy:

Just fixing CEA from Missy's comment :)

ACX:
A-Towne:
Cheer Central:
Cheer Extreme: 14
Cheer Zone:
Florida Top Dog: 14
Twister Cheer Academy:

Just fixing CEA from Missy's comment :)

Back