High School Ny State Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2014
Hi all! I wanted to share the schedule for NY's state comp this weekend in Syracuse, NY. It's the first year we are doing an official state comp with each section sending teams that won at sectionals.

Unfortunately my team didn't reach the top 2 (#4.. Ugh) but I'm so excited to see my section's teams perform.. AND I AM PUMPED to see New Ro and all of the other UCA teams in person. I'm upstate and we are NCA style. It'll be really interesting to see how NCA style and UCA style routines are judged and placed.

Here the link of the schedule!

http://www.nysphsaa.org/Portals/0/P...6/NYSPHSAA Warm-up Performance Times 2016.pdf

I really wish States was held earlier in February.

Cp has teammates on Plainedge and Bethpage....and just looking at the comp times I am realizing there is no way she is going to have practice on Sunday :confused:.

Pretty sure Monroe-Woodbury (Large Advanced) competed on a spring floor this past Saturday at Reach the Beach Nationals in Ocean City....cp's team was told that if they did that they would be suspended for the following season, so they had to compete in a separate ballroom on a flat floor.

Oh no! You should still be very proud. Scores were SO close this year. What section/team are you? I coach Tonawanda Varsity in Section 6.
I'm in section one and just finished my last season since I'm a senior. The talent here is amazing since a bunch of us go to nationals. The reason we think we lost was because the judges claimed we stepped on a Pom, even though the rest of the routine was flawless.

Such an awesome comp yesterday. Here are the final top 5 results:

D1 Small
1 Penfield
2 New Rochelle
3 Rocky Point
4 Greece Athena
5 Wantagh

D2 Small
1 Avon
2 Perry
3 Scotia
4 Livonia
5 Lewiston Porter

D1 Large
1 Fairport
2 Cicero North Syracuse
3 Sachem East
4 West Seneca West
5 Plainedge

D2 Large
1 Pearl River
2 Bethpage
3 Chenango Valley
4 Geneva
5 Mohansen

CO-ED
1 Mt. Sinai
2 Webster Schroeder
3 John Jay East
4 Maine Endwell
5 Guilderland

Side note: I went as a Section VI coach to support our sectional teams that qualified. Ended up sitting with parents from Wantagh and they were the NICEST people. Shout out to that crew!

Such an awesome comp yesterday. Here are the final top 5 results:

D1 Small
1 Penfield
2 New Rochelle
3 Rocky Point
4 Greece Athena
5 Wantagh

D2 Small
1 Avon
2 Perry
3 Scotia
4 Livonia
5 Lewiston Porter

D1 Large
1 Fairport
2 Cicero North Syracuse
3 Sachem East
4 West Seneca West
5 Plainedge

D2 Large
1 Pearl River
2 Bethpage
3 Chenango Valley
4 Geneva
5 Mohansen

CO-ED
1 Mt. Sinai
2 Webster Schroeder
3 John Jay East
4 Maine Endwell
5 Guilderland

Side note: I went as a Section VI coach to support our sectional teams that qualified. Ended up sitting with parents from Wantagh and they were the NICEST people. Shout out to that crew!
Thanks for posting the results! Nice to see Long Island teams in top 5 in almost all of the divisions.

Back