Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This will sound like deja vu, but I believe there is a third boy now.

So my question is: how many boys do they take at the beginning of the season??? I have a hard time believing that 3 boys on 4 are from Quebec... They must call up more than 4, right?

This will sound like deja vu, but I believe there is a third boy now.

So my question is: how many boys do they take at the beginning of the season??? I have a hard time believing that 3 boys on 4 are from Quebec... They must call up more than 4, right?
I would imagine there are a few more than 4 and then they may or may not be chosen in the summer? Maybe?

By the way, my boyfriend is going to Moncton for the next year. Any good cheer gyms in the area?

Is anyone from Montreal or nearby?
Former cp and I are taking a road trip up there the beginning of August.
Any recommendations of must do/see and fun places to eat would be greatly appreciated. We will probably have about 3 days in total. Thanks in advance!
I'm not from Montreal but went to university there. Must eat: Montreal bagels! Try St-Viateur or Fairmont bagel. If you like smoked meat, try Schwartz's.

Is anyone from Montreal or nearby?
Former cp and I are taking a road trip up there the beginning of August.
Any recommendations of must do/see and fun places to eat would be greatly appreciated. We will probably have about 3 days in total. Thanks in advance!
You HAVE to go to La Ronde: La Ronde
You have the Grévin museum: News | Grévin Montreal
The greatest spa ever IMO: Strøm Spa NordiqueStrøm Spa Nordique ETA: Nuns' Island.
Space for life (amazing): Space for life

If I think of something else I'll let you know ;)

Last edited:
This is a real question...I see a lot of gofundme's when athletes want to go and train somewhere...especially another country. Isn't this something that is thought of ahead of time and saved for? Like if you knew you wanted to try out wouldn't you have been saving? I think it's great for someone to move for an "experience" but I feel like you should be a bit more prepared..

This is a real question...I see a lot of gofundme's when athletes want to go and train somewhere...especially another country. Isn't this something that is thought of ahead of time and saved for? Like if you knew you wanted to try out wouldn't you have been saving? I think it's great for someone to move for an "experience" but I feel like you should be a bit more prepared..
Huh, that's what the 3 boys are doing. It's cute to chase your dream, but the preparation for this shouldn't have been only physical but $$$$$$ too!!!

Huh, that's what the 3 boys are doing. It's cute to chase your dream, but the preparation for this shouldn't have been only physical but $$$$$$ too!!!
Well no not really. Being prepared would be having the money before trying out.

Unless you are recruted. Is it a possibility?
No, with all the boy talent in the rest of the world there's no way they just happened to pick Canadians..even if they were at worlds. There are soooo many teams with boys.

No, with all the boy talent in the rest of the world there's no way they just happened to pick Canadians..even if they were at worlds. There are soooo many teams with boys.
Then I agree that they should have the money before they try out.

Has anyone ever been to a Spring Tumbling coaches conference? What is it like? I know there was one on the west coast recently...

I plan to go to the one in Montreal in September and it will be my first time there.

I have. I love them. Lots of great speakers from all over, and since I've worked quite a bit with Kenny and Lisa, I like stealing their stunting tips/methods to use with my kids. Their technique always improves. You should go. The Montreal one is the original and pretty big

Back