All-Star Oh My! Cheer Perfection Mom Arrested....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are they even going to show it after this?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Cheer Perfection? I thought I read in one of the links that TLC would not be airing reruns.

The people talking about "it's not returning until the end of February" are talking about Scandal, not Cheer Perfection. (if you read the posts leading up to there you'll see they're talking about Olivia Pope)

Cheer Perfection us not returning. Thankfully, Scandal will be bringing us Olivia Pope in all her glory on 2/27.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Watching that, I do feel bad for her. It is admirable that she took the interview and did not shy away from the questions.
I am surprised that we have not seen interviews with the other CTR moms featured on the show, especially regarding the Andrea issue, but I have a feeling that is coming.

In a statement sent out from Cheer Time Revolution on Wednesday, spokesman Kevin Knight said that Dunlap has been suspended pending the outcome of the case.

“Ronald Dunlap is not an owner of the gym. Ronald Dunlap is an employee of the gym. Mr. Dunlap is currently on a suspension pending the outcome of the misdemeanor charges. Upon the outcome Mr. Dunlap's continued employment will be determined. The other mentioned party [Dahl] is not nor has been an employee of the gym,” Knight said. “Cheer Time Revolution has a zero tolerance policy and our staff is fully investigated as well as randomly checked for illegal usage. The athletes safety is always first and foremost.”

Coach featured on 'Cheer' show arrested on drug charges in Sherwood

"The last 24 hours has been a nightmare, waking up to a bad dream," said Alisha Dunlap, Cheer Time Revolution co-owner and Dunlap's wife.

She said the first arrest, Clevenger's, was a surprise.

"I was in absolute shock," she said. "I didn't even know what to think for the longest time, and then my heart was broken to all the kids involved."

Alisha said Ronald's was also a surprise. In fact, she didn't know until a national media called her.

"It was a huge disappointment," she said. "I mean it's put me on an emotional roller coaster."

She immediately made a decision for her business.

"I'm going to remove my husband from the gym," she said. "He is an awesome, awesome guy, he's a great father, and he's a wonderful husband. He just made a really bad choice."

Alisha said she might have to find new ways to keep children at her facility safe.

"I can just assure them that I'm going to have to step up the game," she said. "We do a thorough background check on anybody that's hired into our gym, so it now looks like we are going to have to do a drug screening test."

But despite these hurdles, this cheer coach is keeping spirits high.

"We will move forward, we will get through this, we will push on, and keep doing what we are doing," she said.

2 Arrests in 2 Days Connected to Cheer Time Leaves Owner Devastated - ArkansasMatters.com - Central Arkansas' Source for News, Weather, and Sports covering Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Searcy, Hot Springs, and the rest of Central Arkansas

You can almost see the gym going up in flames because of all this terrible press.

Playing the devil's advocate here, if she didn't know her husband smoked, how would she know if anyone else did?

What a terrible situation. Watching Alisha's interview broke my heart. I can't even imagine what she must be going through.

I will say that I agree with the thinking that Andrea's behavior should not really reflect poorly on the gym. Owners can't be responsible for the private lives of every parent. If that was the case then most gyms would probably be all over the news for something. However the situation with RD is more personal and does directly reflect her gym. I'm glad that she made the decision to 'fire' him without hesitation.

I hope that the gym can bounce back and recover from all of this. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.

Back