All-Star Oh My! Cheer Perfection Mom Arrested....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really wish that the interviewer asked her directly, "do you know for sure that the victim was not from your gym?" If he was , that will probably do the gym in.

These are the kind of scenarios I just hate - one person ruining it for everyone.
Alisha, the CTR athletes and the other coaches have done no wrong and because of one persons mistake, the name Cheer Time Revolution will be getting side-eyed by a LOT of people. (I really hope this doesn't happen, and like an above poster said, that everyone can rally behind Alisha and these kids because they have done zero wrong in this situation).

I'm not referencing Andrea here because she is just a parent - i.e. nothing to do with CTR technically. I was talking about RD.

I cannot imagine how Alisha is feeling. To have your other half do something that totally undermines what you both have been working for is completely awful. She did the right thing by removing him from the gym. I am impressed with the way she handled the interview. Not sure I could have handled it as well. She communicated that what he did was wrong business wise, but made it clear that he is her husband and "it will be okay". She let him know via the interview that it is something they will work on and hopefully come out stronger on the other end. I hope it works out for them on a personal level.

It must be hard at the gym as well there's no doubt she'd have a mum or two saying it's all her fault she should have known what was going on but as she mentioned in the interview she can't control the parents private life's. What I'm a little confused over is how can you wake up and not wonder where your husband has been all night?!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh I really thought there was a totally different name but It was very late when I read it so I definitely could be way off. I'll read it again later.
In the original article they called him by his full name. RD is just his initials. Took me a second to put it together myself.

In a statement sent out from Cheer Time Revolution on Wednesday, spokesman Kevin Knight said that Dunlap has been suspended pending the outcome of the case.

“Ronald Dunlap is not an owner of the gym. Ronald Dunlap is an employee of the gym. Mr. Dunlap is currently on a suspension pending the outcome of the misdemeanor charges. Upon the outcome Mr. Dunlap's continued employment will be determined. The other mentioned party [Dahl] is not nor has been an employee of the gym,” Knight said. “Cheer Time Revolution has a zero tolerance policy and our staff is fully investigated as well as randomly checked for illegal usage. The athletes safety is always first and foremost.”

Coach featured on 'Cheer' show arrested on drug charges in Sherwood
Thank you for clarifying but is Ronald Dunlap not Alisha's husband?

Thank you for clarifying but is Ronald Dunlap not Alisha's husband?

He is her husband but everyone calls him RD. I can't remember whether he's an owner of the gym though or whether its Alisha that fully owns it. Either way it's reassuring to see that they're not taking it lightly even if he was one of their own people.

To everyone that says they would leave this gym, turn it around and put the scenario on your gym. What if someone at your current gym had the same thing happen. Would you leave? While it's easy to say yes and judge another gym, once you have those personal ties and friendships it becomes harder. I would imagine that drug use is a lot more common than some parents want to admit. I know of at least three gyms in my area that have coaches that recreationally use drugs. Wether the gym owners know this or not I am not sure. Wether the parents know or not, I am not sure. Those things you can't control, but I am impressed by the way the gym handled it and that to me if I were involved would probably make me stay. If she fired her own husband for this, I have no doubt she would fire anyone else for any reason necessary.

So are we to believe this was RD's first time smoking pot? Seriously? And she had no idea her husband did that? How do we know he doesn't do it often? Am I suppose to believe he's never walked in that gym with it in his system. Random drug checks, there's ways to beat them.

For those of you saying you wouldn't leave if it was your gym:
I was in a gym with 3/4 coaches smoking pot.

YEAH I LEFT A MONTH BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED, DONT KNOW WHY YALL WOULD STAY BUT WE BOOKED IT TO TWISTERS.
If 75% of the coaches were smoking pot and it affected with how they ran the gym and worked with their athletes then I would say you made the right decision. I'm thinking though, with so many of the smoking pot, that this was not a new development with your coaches and there was an additional deciding factor that made you leave with a month left in the season.
If one coach/owner at cp's gym was caught smoking pot in his car at 1am I would absolutely question his judgement but given that we are very happy where we are, I would not pull her.

I'm glad they are calling it rape and child molestation. I think too often when this happens with a younger teen boy and an older woman it gets treated differently (disregarded more) than if it was a girl of the same age and an older man. My non-cp is an almost 10 year old boy. The more I think about this the sicker it makes me feel.

Back