All-Star Oh My! Cheer Perfection Mom Arrested....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WOW - i feel so bad for the little boy and andrea's daughter. i can't imagine what they are all going through.

as for RD, he obviously is too old to be out at 1am smoking weed in a car with a 21 year old kid. i'm pretty liberal and am one to believe that marijuana should be legal however until it is legal there are definite consequences in getting busted. he obviously made a seriously bad choice.

unfortunately, i am sure he isn't the only coach smoking weed after work.

I'm annoyed with the fact that Nancy Grace (...exists...LOL, but that's not what I was going to say)...

I'm annoyed with the fact that Nancy Grace seems to think (in the linked clip, anyway) that this is a much bigger problem for the daughter of the offender than the victim himself! She interrupted the other (annnoying) lady who was talking about the problems the victim would face with "But what about the GIRL!?"

No doubt its a terrible situation for the daughter as well, but for her to brush off the victim like that is disgusting.

I'm annoyed with the fact that Nancy Grace (...exists...LOL, but that's not what I was going to say)...

I'm annoyed with the fact that Nancy Grace seems to think (in the linked clip, anyway) that this is a much bigger problem for the daughter of the offender than the victim himself! She interrupted the other (annnoying) lady who was talking about the problems the victim would face with "But what about the GIRL!?"

No doubt its a terrible situation for the daughter as well, but for her to brush off the victim like that is disgusting.

You could have just stopped at the first sentence. ;)

Is that not indicative of how we treat rapists in this country in general? Steubenville post-trial spent HOURS detailing how this 'ruins the boys lives' and 'changes them forever.' 'What a hardship they're going through' and 'the obstacles they must overcome.' Ma'lik's apology as read by his lawyers doesn't ONCE feature ANY sort of apology. All it talks about is how it affected his life. He only served 9 months of a MINIMUM of a year's sentence. NOT ONCE, at ANY point, did he indicate he was sorry for what he'd done or mention the victim's suffering.

Heck, the guy who REPORTED them got more time than the boys themselves did. Same with most other rape cases- it's 'Oh poor them'. The victims are sidelined and blamed as 'ruining someone's life.' You know, cause it's not like the person who actually DID the raping had any say in whether or not they were ruining the lives of their victim(s) or THEIR OWN lives by doing it in the first place. Such is rape culture.

Is that not indicative of how we treat rapists in this country in general? Steubenville post-trial spent HOURS detailing how this 'ruins the boys lives' and 'changes them forever.' 'What a hardship they're going through' and 'the obstacles they must overcome.' Ma'lik's apology as read by his lawyers doesn't ONCE feature ANY sort of apology. All it talks about is how it affected his life. He only served 9 months of a MINIMUM of a year's sentence. NOT ONCE, at ANY point, did he indicate he was sorry for what he'd done or mention the victim's suffering.

Heck, the guy who REPORTED them got more time than the boys themselves did. Same with most other rape cases- it's 'Oh poor them'. The victims are sidelined and blamed as 'ruining someone's life.' You know, cause it's not like the person who actually DID the raping had any say in whether or not they were ruining the lives of their victim(s) or THEIR OWN lives by doing it in the first place. Such is rape culture.

I don't disagree with your point, but to be fair, the daughter of the offender IS a victim too. Can't really compare her to the Steubenville rapists. I just don't think she's MORE of a victim than the boy, as Nancy Grace seems to think.

It does speak to the fact that boys who are raped by older women tend to get less sympathy than girls raped by older men. And women offenders tend to be let off easier than men.

I don't disagree with your point, but to be fair, the daughter of the offender IS a victim too. Can't really compare her to the Steubenville rapists. I just don't think she's MORE of a victim than the boy, as Nancy Grace seems to think.

It does speak to the fact that boys who are raped by older women tend to get less sympathy than girls raped by older men. And women offenders tend to be let off easier than men.
Oh I don't discount that she's a victim of this whole situation. She absolutely is. I also don't discount that women get more sympathy than men.

However on the whole, most of the vocal sympathy goes to the rapist (particularly if they are attractive or talented) rather than the victim.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

this. there was an incidnt a year or two ago in a town in close proximity to the one i was living in and a teacher was accused of similar behvaiour with a male student and the comments at the end of the article all were things along the lines of "how is this news he must have enjoyed it" and other more vulgar things along those lines. its repulsive no matter the situation an elder taking advantage of a young person regardless of gender or preferences. taking their innocence, their choices, whether they say it was consensual or not there are lines being blurred and crossed and it is something that will affect a victim for a very long time if not for the rest of their lives. people that assume its worse for one victim in comparison to another makes me sick. put yourself in their position think about if you had kids or siblings or even if it was you being taken advantage of there is NOTHING that make it even remotely okay ever.

Am I the only one who thinks Alisha probably knew R.D. smoked marijuana? I would assume the more logical explanation would be that she probably was aware that her husband smokes marijuana and maybe it doesn't affect their home life or her business or their coaching? But not that he's caught she obviously can't let it go and has to now say she will be drug testing her employees. I like Alisha but I think she is dumb as a fox and knew what was going and is just now having to acknowledge it.

Am I the only one who thinks Alisha probably knew R.D. smoked marijuana? I would assume the more logical explanation would be that she probably was aware that her husband smokes marijuana and maybe it doesn't affect their home life or her business or their coaching? But not that he's caught she obviously can't let it go and has to now say she will be drug testing her employees. I like Alisha but I think she is dumb as a fox and knew what was going and is just now having to acknowledge it.

I mean people have affairs and whole other families and the significant other has no idea.

No, I felt she did too.

Obviously as a mother she didn't stop for one second to think: what if it was my daughter?
It baffles me to think how any parent can hurt their child or any other child in any way possible! Aren't mums meant to be loving and caring and protective of children? Obviously not as the world continuously shows us

Edited: I'm talking about Andrea not Alisha. But I still question why she didn't ask where he was when she woke up
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back