All-Star Oldest Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always moan that I'm jealous of the minis that can start so young because I never had that option. When really I did, I just didn't know anything about it.
Same! If I'd started tumbling when I was 5... :rolleyes: Although I don't think there was anything near where I was living until this year until 2008 (1 hour away), then end of 2011 (half hour away). Do you know of any more old gyms in the UK? I'm quite interested now!

Same! If I'd started tumbling when I was 5... :rolleyes: Although I don't think there was anything near where I was living until this year until 2008 (1 hour away), then end of 2011 (half hour away). Do you know of any more old gyms in the UK? I'm quite interested now!
Gold Star has been around since 1999 according to the results on their website. I'd imagine a lot of the older teams have merged or changed their names. Blackpool Scorpions started in 2001 under a different name etc. Personally I'm just happy to cheer at one of the oldest UK All star gyms :p.

Reactions: Ren
Georgia has a few old ones.

TECHNICALLY Pro cheer ga started in 1992 just under the name cheer tech.

force elite 1994
middle georgia allstars 1997
cheer south 1998
When did they start going by Pro Cheer? THAT should be their start date for the purposes of this list, IMO.

Oldest All Star Programs still in business (continuous operation w/teams)

1988 - Greensboro All Stars, ASG Cougar Cheer
1990 - Charlotte All Stars, Cheer Station
1991 - * GymTyme All Stars
1992 - * Pro Cheer (GA), * NEO Allstars
1994 - Cheer Athletics, Texas Lonestar, World Cup, Premier Athletics
1995 - Top Gun, Memphis Elite, Spirit of Texas, Cheergyms.com, Brandon, Cheer Illinois Athletics
1996 - CJA, Twist and Shout, CNY Storm, Cheer Extreme, American Cheer
1997 - Pro Spirit, Champion Cheer, USA (VA)
1998 - ACX, Power

* Unconfirmed dates about when their all star team program started. These dates are believed to be when the facility opened for classes. More info needed.

1995 - Top Gun, Memphis Elite, Spirit of Texas, Cheergyms.com, Brandon, Cheer Illinois Athletics
1998 - ACX, Power

* Unconfirmed dates about when their all star team program started. These dates are believed to be when the facility opened for classes. More info needed.

Not sure if you wanted to include international teams, but from their website Ascension Eagles Cheerleaders started in November 1996.
Rising Star's website says they started August 1996 under that name, but I can't see whether that's also when they started competing. Maybe someone else on here knows a bit more?

1998 - ACX, Power, Ohio Valley All-Stars

Back