All-Star Open 4.2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

do you guys think they will bring back SR open 4.2 or is it just going to be 4.2 for now on? (excluding Open 4.2)
I doubt you will see any more open teams, no bottom age, in the foreseeable future.

**No way that's cool aid, must be crack aid for that level of addiction**

No. I don't think USASF is interested in seeing 8 year olds on teams with college students (as much as Suzy's Mom would love telling folks that her second grader is on Senior Open 6.5 or whatever.)

I'm kinda thankful that the 18 age cap isn't as strictly enforced in Scotland otherwise I'd be on retired Katz next season. Being a kid on a level 3 team who nuggets in the back, I'd have no chance of getting on a higher level and would not get to cheer again. However there's a gym within half an hour of the uni I'm going to so if all goes to plan I'll get to ride the crazy train for another year.

At Cheersport Nationals, there were six teams in the "College 4" division-Wisconsin, GA Tech, Savannah State, FSU, UGA, and UNC. From what I could tell, there were varied skill levels in tumbling on all of the teams. "Club cheerleading" in college is possibly the US version of your Open 4.2 in other countries but, I'm just taking a guess.

At Cheersport Nationals, there were six teams in the "College 4" division-Wisconsin, GA Tech, Savannah State, FSU, UGA, and UNC. From what I could tell, there were varied skill levels in tumbling on all of the teams. "Club cheerleading" in college is possibly the US version of your Open 4.2 in other countries but, I'm just taking a guess.
I can't speak for the other programs, but the FSU that competes at Cheersport is their club team! They also compete in the Intermediate level at NCA :) UF also has a club team and a stunt team that does the same!
I know a few girls who didn't make the official team at each school enjoy doing the club cheer to prepare for next years tryouts, but a lot of girls just go straight to the club cheer because they just want to compete. (UF's cheer team does not compete, FSU competes at UCA).

Like what SmileCat said, Wisconsin's club team competed there. The official university team doesn't compete. So I agree, college club teams are probably the closest version to their open 4.2 but without a level 2 tumbling limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back