Our First Competition Results

Discussion in 'Rec Cheerleading' started by Nadair5, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Nadair5

Nadair5 They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    So we competed in our first competition this year yesterday, and we did FANTASTIC. There wasn't a single fall, all the basket tosses were outrageously high, and the dance looked amazing. There wasn't another team that has a clean routine. Everyone either fell or had a tumbling bust somewhere along the line. I was confident we were the best performance out there. And then when awards are called, we get FOURTH. The coaches say this competition in particular, it tends to happen, and has this happened to any other teams out there?

We have another competition today,
    Wish me luck:)

Nick:)

2. NoDramaCheerMama

NoDramaCheerMama I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    NoDramaChrMama
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes, because it depends on the difficulty of the routine. We had a flawless routine at our first comp last season and came in 5th. Other teams were attempting harder elements so they out scored us. Our gym owners explained it to the parents because most didn't understand score sheets.

3. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Best of luck to you and your team!

Last year my CP's team score varied a little bit based on NCA or Varsity scoresheet. Even though they are weighted comparably, one seemed to favor a slower, cleaner, concise routine, and the other, a fast, skill-packed routine.

My opinion only, don't hurt the catlady.:)