OT Outdoor Cheerleading Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 8, 2012
i just finished watching Bring It On movie again (for thousand times again i guess haha :D). at finale of movie, i noticed that the stage was held outdoor. it makes me wondering if there is still cheerleading competition in US which is held at outdoor place? moreover, all i see (usually) on cheer's video that the competition or stage is always held at indoor place (like building, convention center, and etc). does any of you who live in US (or could be in another country too) know what cheerleading competition that is (still) held at outdoor place? it would be great if you have the photo, picture, or even video of it :)

There is a comp we have attended many times in universal Orlando that is held in a covered outdoor venue within the park. One year we had crazy downpour rain but comp area was fine.

I hated the outdoor place at uca.. Indiana Jones or whatever it is really called. The only year I competed there it was like 40 degrees out and even tho I'm from Wisconsin I have never performed in the cold like that. They stick you under heat lamps to keep you warm before you go out but once your on the mat I got all cold and idk it was awful.

There's a Jamfest in Louisville at the end of August that's outside on a baseball diamond.

In rec, our league wide competitions were held out doors at a high school football stadium.. It was awful because it would be 90 degrees and very windy (November time in FL) and one year it rained. We also had to arrive at 9am and stay on the away side with all the cheerleaders till the end of awards at 3.

i just finished watching Bring It On movie again (for thousand times again i guess haha :D). at finale of movie, i noticed that the stage was held outdoor. it makes me wondering if there is still cheerleading competition in US which is held at outdoor place? moreover, all i see (usually) on cheer's video that the competition or stage is always held at indoor place (like building, convention center, and etc). does any of you who live in US (or could be in another country too) know what cheerleading competition that is (still) held at outdoor place? it would be great if you have the photo, picture, or even video of it :)
NCA Daytona is outside and it is awesome if the weather is right! I have some great pics of my CP flying on that stage.

I hated the outdoor place at uca.. Indiana Jones or whatever it is really called. The only year I competed there it was like 40 degrees out and even tho I'm from Wisconsin I have never performed in the cold like that. They stick you under heat lamps to keep you warm before you go out but once your on the mat I got all cold and idk it was awful.
We competed their when my CP was little, it was awful. We have been at Jostens every year since that we have gone but that was level 3. She is a level 2 again after coming back off some injuries so we will see what UCA holds for us this season.

Last year our gym attended Reach the Beach in Daytona Beach. Everything was outside, which was so hot and humid, but it was cool with the beach right there. I'm not sure of the EP, but I'm pretty sure every Reach the Beach competition at different locations are all outside as well.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I saw a video of AZ power competiting at an outdoor arena thing. Its Arizona, so its extremely hot there... not sure if thats good or bad that its outdoors lol

Last year our gym attended Reach the Beach in Daytona Beach. Everything was outside, which was so hot and humid, but it was cool with the beach right there. I'm not sure of the EP, but I'm pretty sure every Reach the Beach competition at different locations are all outside as well.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Ocean City MD RTB are in a convention center...I don't think that one has ever been outside.

There is an awesome 2 day UCA competition (Allstar only, no school or rec) in Panama City Beach, Florida in April. The stage is set on the beach with the cheerleaders facing the Gulf of Mexico when they perform. Only one year in the last 5 that I have been going did it rain and it was moved indoors to the resort convention center. It is a great end of season competition.

Back