Music Outrgaeous Prices?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 4, 2013
I've done my research. I have looked into cheer music companies until my eyes burn... But I can't find anyone who does competition level music for less than $300. I've found some less known individuals who do a decent job for performance and stunt group music but I am SUPER paranoid about having bad comp music...

Any suggestions?

You could always learn to engineer your own music. It is a valuable skill to have, especially if u are not comfortable paying the prices. Also, there are a few people who offer basic 2:30sec routines for $250 like us Lol. Unfortunately, we won't offer mixing services publicly until next year! I personally enjoy cheermusic4u, and I think they offer premade routines for about 275ish, but they make great music.

CODA Cheer Music

You could always learn to engineer your own music. It is a valuable skill to have, especially if u are not comfortable paying the prices. Also, there are a few people who offer basic 2:30sec routines for $250 like us Lol. Unfortunately, we won't offer mixing services publicly until next year! I personally enjoy cheermusic4u, and I think they offer premade routines for about 275ish, but they make great music.

CODA Cheer Music
Ya, I've been trying to learn but this is some crazy stuff! hahaha I can do the absolute basics but nothing like comp music... I wish there was a class that I could pay to take lol When you begin offering music let me know :)

Yeah, it can be a lot at first lol! And I will definitely let you know when we launch. If you do attempt to learn again and have questions, feel free to shoot me a message and I will help you out. Good luck!

I practice my mixing skills with Audacity, it's free. @CodaCheer how do you produce beats? I try to do it but it sounds muffled and uneven, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make them play at even intervals.

I practice my mixing skills with Audacity, it's free. @CodaCheer how do you produce beats? I try to do it but it sounds muffled and uneven, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make them play at even intervals.

I'm not sure what your budget is but I usually tell people to invest in either Acid pro 7, or Fruity Loops if you like to use samples. Acid makes it a lot easier to configure things the way you want them imo. As far as the muffled sound I'm going to guess this is more of an Eq'ing (equalizing) issue. Try using Audacity's multiband EQ to cut a thin amount of frequency around 100hz to 650hz and see if that helps. You can also try to boost a wide amount at around 5000khz or so. Sometimes Eq'ing can get a little tricky so trust your ears and tweak it for awhile. This will help with presence and shine for the track. Also, make sure your start of with good quality music (ie wav files or mp3's at 320 kbps). I can talk about eqing all day lol, so I'm going to give you that bit and if you have any problems just get back with me. I wasn't sure what you meant about them playing in intervals, but I'm guessing your talking about making them play on beat. Make sure your samples are starting right on the down beat (the first beat of the sample) and are at the same tempo as your mix tempo. If I'm still not understanding you right lmk and I'll download Audacity and make a video tut or something to show you. I hope this helps a little. Cheers!!

Jody

I'm not sure what your budget is but I usually tell people to invest in either Acid pro 7, or Fruity Loops if you like to use samples. Acid makes it a lot easier to configure things the way you want them imo. As far as the muffled sound I'm going to guess this is more of an Eq'ing (equalizing) issue. Try using Audacity's multiband EQ to cut a thin amount of frequency around 100hz to 650hz and see if that helps. You can also try to boost a wide amount at around 5000khz or so. Sometimes Eq'ing can get a little tricky so trust your ears and tweak it for awhile. This will help with presence and shine for the track. Also, make sure your start of with good quality music (ie wav files or mp3's at 320 kbps). I can talk about eqing all day lol, so I'm going to give you that bit and if you have any problems just get back with me. I wasn't sure what you meant about them playing in intervals, but I'm guessing your talking about making them play on beat. Make sure your samples are starting right on the down beat (the first beat of the sample) and are at the same tempo as your mix tempo. If I'm still not understanding you right lmk and I'll download Audacity and make a video tut or something to show you. I hope this helps a little. Cheers!!

Jody
I make my own voiceovers and sound effects. Most of the sfx are decent, but I can't get them to sound as polished as professional mixes.

I'm not sure what your budget is but I usually tell people to invest in either Acid pro 7, or Fruity Loops if you like to use samples. Acid makes it a lot easier to configure things the way you want them imo. As far as the muffled sound I'm going to guess this is more of an Eq'ing (equalizing) issue. Try using Audacity's multiband EQ to cut a thin amount of frequency around 100hz to 650hz and see if that helps. You can also try to boost a wide amount at around 5000khz or so. Sometimes Eq'ing can get a little tricky so trust your ears and tweak it for awhile. This will help with presence and shine for the track.
Ok see? This sounded like giberish to me! hahaha so lost. I have Acid Pro 7 and sound forge.... I can get just about any program out there but I just suck at working them lol Do you think a music production class at my college will help?

I make my own voiceovers and sound effects. Most of the sfx are decent, but I can't get them to sound as polished as professional mixes.

Well It's going to be hard to get them perfect in a home studio. We have acoustically treated rooms in which we record our voice overs in, which then run through loads of outboard gear. If your having problems making them sit on top of the mix try minimal reverb and compression. Also, try fading the music down a couple of dbs then back up at the end of the voice over. Nothing drastic, just a little cut. One more thing I know that a lot of people don't do, is Master their mix. This helps pull the track together and helps the voice overs shine.

Jody

Ok see? This sounded like giberish to me! hahaha so lost. I have Acid Pro 7 and sound forge.... I can get just about any program out there but I just suck at working them lol Do you think a music production class at my college will help?

Honestly, the best engineers I know never went to school lol, but I guess it wouldn't hurt! Are you looking to make a career out of it? If so that's pretty cool! Btw if you have access to all DAWs then try Pro Tools 10 HD. It's a monster of a DAW!!!

Jody

You can also try FL Studio 11. You can download it for free and play with it for as long as you want.. It will even let you export anything you create out with just the demo. The only thing the demo will not let you do is load FL Studio saved files again. You can save them you just can load them back up until you buy the program... But if you can somehow make your entire mix in one session and export it you can do everything with a free program...

I've done my research. I have looked into cheer music companies until my eyes burn... But I can't find anyone who does competition level music for less than $300. I've found some less known individuals who do a decent job for performance and stunt group music but I am SUPER paranoid about having bad comp music...

Any suggestions?

Home

Back