Music Outrgaeous Prices?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@ARajamin What you need to remember is that music plays a CRUCIAL role in a team's impression. When a judge is sitting on the stand for 12-15 hours, listening to bad cheer music most of the day, the routines with good music that is well done will ALWAYS stand out and it does get reflected on the scoresheet. It is, of course, an option to learn to do your own. But the reason the ladies and gentlemen charge as much as they do is because they have poured tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars into studio equipment, and have had to go through years of grueling work to get to where they are. Not to mention, it takes a special person with a gift to be able to make mixes that are worth paying for. Musicality plays a huge role in making a good cheer mix, which not very many people have. Heck, not a whole lot of producers have.

The amount of work and time spent on a mix, factored in with the things I mentioned above really do justify the costs for music. I can promise you that the best in the industry are some of the hardest working people you'll ever meet. You get what you pay for, and the mixes that are pricier generally are clearer, have better beat work and builds, and have an artist behind them who has a phenomenal gift for being able to blend 10+ songs together with vocals as well. And on top of all of that, I don't know if you know how much vocals cost, but it is not cheap to have people come into a studio and record their talent.

My main point here is that I do understand that it can seem like paying several hundred dollars or more for a mix can seem steep if you have a producer who doesn't know what they're doing and is giving you a mediocre product. There are lots of those out there, and you need to make sure and do your research before you buy in. But, there are men and women in the cheer music industry that are absolutely worth every penny they are paid.

That's just my two cents :) Whatever you do, you sound like you have done your research, and are informed! Best of luck on whatever route you go!

Last edited:
While I agree with most of what you said I do think there is a benefit to being able to do it yourself. Everyone who is considered a cheer music "master" wasn't born that way. They needed to start somewhere and learn everything they know.

Some people prefer to pay for everything and not worry about it, and I do that with some things. I also wouldn't advise using your own music while your learning the ins and outs of music production, but everyone needs to start somewhere

Ok see? This sounded like giberish to me! hahaha so lost. I have Acid Pro 7 and sound forge.... I can get just about any program out there but I just suck at working them lol Do you think a music production class at my college will help?

what is sound forge good for?

You could always learn to engineer your own music. It is a valuable skill to have, especially if u are not comfortable paying the prices. Also, there are a few people who offer basic 2:30sec routines for $250 like us Lol. Unfortunately, we won't offer mixing services publicly until next year! I personally enjoy cheermusic4u, and I think they offer premade routines for about 275ish, but they make great music.

CODA Cheer Music
I would love to learn to mix music! No clue how to even start! Years ago I played around with some professional program (can't remember the name now) but I don't remember anything! Is there a good program for macs? It's not convenient for me to get on my PC.

@ARajamin What you need to remember is that music plays a CRUCIAL role in a team's impression. When a judge is sitting on the stand for 12-15 hours, listening to bad cheer music most of the day, the routines with good music that is well done will ALWAYS stand out and it does get reflected on the scoresheet. It is, of course, an option to learn to do your own. But the reason the ladies and gentlemen charge as much as they do is because they have poured tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars into studio equipment, and have had to go through years of grueling work to get to where they are. Not to mention, it takes a special person with a gift to be able to make mixes that are worth paying for. Musicality plays a huge role in making a good cheer mix, which not very many people have. Heck, not a whole lot of producers have.

The amount of work and time spent on a mix, factored in with the things I mentioned above really do justify the costs for music. I can promise you that the best in the industry are some of the hardest working people you'll ever meet. You get what you pay for, and the mixes that are pricier generally are clearer, have better beat work and builds, and have an artist behind them who has a phenomenal gift for being able to blend 10+ songs together with vocals as well. And on top of all of that, I don't know if you know how much vocals cost, but it is not cheap to have people come into a studio and record their talent.

My main point here is that I do understand that it can seem like paying several hundred dollars or more for a mix can seem steep if you have a producer who doesn't know what they're doing and is giving you a mediocre product. There are lots of those out there, and you need to make sure and do your research before you buy in. But, there are men and women in the cheer music industry that are absolutely worth every penny they are paid.

That's just my two cents :) Whatever you do, you sound like you have done your research, and are informed! Best of luck on whatever route you go!

I know they work hard and don't get me wrong, I am SUPER astounded by what they can do... I would just like to be able to do it myself at this point ha ha. Thanks though :)

I have no Idea lol I was just told to get it so I did.... I was using it to cut sections of a song because it seemed easier on there than acid...
That's what I figured lol I was looking into it , and then I was like what do I use it for??! Lol cause I just hear everyone saying they use that program

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ya, I've been trying to learn but this is some crazy stuff! hahaha I can do the absolute basics but nothing like comp music... I wish there was a class that I could pay to take lol When you begin offering music let me know :)

Patrick offers classes and I believe cheersounds.com offers classes as well if you're interested

Ya, I've been trying to learn but this is some crazy stuff! hahaha I can do the absolute basics but nothing like comp music... I wish there was a class that I could pay to take lol When you begin offering music let me know :)
Check out Legitmix.com. They have a bunch of premade mixes available, and most of them are very fairly priced.

Back