Over Age Limit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They want proof, the only thing I've heard that they will accept it a birth cert, Birth Certs are public records.....I dont know many who will actually do that, so its a tough one.. Too Young or Too Old...I hate cheating..."alleged cheating" before I get that if you know something speak up speech.

its unfortunate that cheer companies that host competitions and registrations don't police/monitor age limits. isn't it a part of the rules?

yes i have witnessed it and i think they are getting better about it but i know that it is still happening you would have to prove it with a birth certificate

its unfortunate that cheer companies that host competitions and registrations don't police/monitor age limits. isn't it a part of the rules?

Do you expect EP's to double check the age of every single kid that steps on their floor?

Yes, there are allstar teams doing this.....using falsified birthcertificates and certificates they have on file for kids that aren't even cheering anymore. It's pathetic.

Do you expect EP's to double check the age of every single kid that steps on their floor?

No, not EPs, exactly, but when USASF requires athlete membership, and athletes have to pay for said membership, hopefully some of that money will be used to create/store a database that includes a scanned form of the athlete's birth certificate along with a current photo. EPs could then verify each athlete's age with a quick check of the database in the event of a challenge.

Yes the problem is that coaches/ owners are taking it as far as regestering athletes that are all of age but letting other athletes perform! We had proof from a fb status happy 10th b-day w/ the girls pic and she competed on a MINI team! But coach said go ahead and challenge (which is $200 per athlete) b/c she already had a back up plan....rediculous!

I know of an allstar team competing with a 19 and a 20 year old. Have tried to challenge and they did nothing.

We've definitely seen this in a Tiny Team situation and the thing is, as many have mentioned, challenging is nearly impossible. Front the $200 to challenge and then what? It would be nice if everyone were honest or there were some way to register all athletes each season through USASF (although again, even if they are registered what is to keep people from using falsified birth certificates)? (sigh) I just think it's kind of a sad situation for the cheaters (because this is likely coming from their coaches, not the girls themselves- at least in the younger levels) as well as the girls who are having to compete against the girls of the wrong age.

The coaches at our gym carry copies of a few girls' birth certificates because they look so much older than they are. For example, we have one 9 year old who is 5"6". Yep, you read that right! While I do think that some intentionally lie, realize that those kids who look too old may, in fact, be just larger than average.

Back