High School Parents Not Approving

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hi

My mom don't want me to do cheer because she thinks I'm the G word (which I'm not) she's making me pay for everything. How do I persuade her to let me be a cheerleader?
-thanks!
I can't help it but this really bothers me. Whether or not you are gay should have absolutely no bearing on if you cheer, play hockey, football or whatever. "It's expensive, we don't have the time, I can't drive you, etc" Those are reasons to not be able to cheer, and even then you are getting old enough to find ways to pay for it or get rides yourself. Many other kids have cheered with unsupportive parents.

I'm more concerned that your mom thinks you being gay is a detractor for anything. I really hope she shows you love in every other thing you do.

I didn't know that I could do football and cheer at the same time.

I live in the uk so its slightly different as most start cheer and football and i mean american football at university so are beginners so cheer wise have experiance level 2

I know my uni works closely with football so we have some guys they didnt use to respect us but now they realise how much they love stunting its great

I can't help it but this really bothers me. Whether or not you are gay should have absolutely no bearing on if you cheer, play hockey, football or whatever. "It's expensive, we don't have the time, I can't drive you, etc" Those are reasons to not be able to cheer, and even then you are getting old enough to find ways to pay for it or get rides yourself. Many other kids have cheered with unsupportive parents.

I'm more concerned that your mom thinks you being gay is a detractor for anything. I really hope she shows you love in every other thing you do.

Yes, that was what I was trying to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what the "G word" was.... and maybe that is because it has absolutely no meaning to whether you should cheer or not!

As for the money situation, most gyms have opportunities to fundraise and you might be able to help out by doing them.

Back