Partner Stunting Lock Ankles?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 13, 2012
Hello guys... i am very new to partner stunting and therefore we got some problems...
our toss hands works already great but she can not really stand on my hands and i think it is because she does not lock her ankles (but as i said, i am quite inexperienced and have just had 2-3 flyers on my top so can not really compare)

just take a look at the video we have made and give some advice please :)
thanks

I am not a partner stunter, so just my thoughts on that:

I looks like her shoes aren't thight enough. For many flyers it makes a big difference how they feel if the shoe is too loose.

And she could try to pull her toes up and spread them in her shoes - don't know if that makes any sense but i feel like my whole leg and my ankle is more thight doing that.

well ... if she tries to pull the toes up i tend to counteract and tip her more foreward... which is not really a problem if i look at a friend:
they have exactly the same position as me and my flyer.

any other opinions?

Her feet are bending inward so she can't stand flat on her feet. All of her weight seems to be on the insides of her feet. Make sure she is squeezing her calves and centering her weight, and that you're controlling her ankle movement as much as you can.

When holding hand make sure your elbows are up and your hands are flat. It will be hard for any girl to stand on an uneven surface. However, you can always remind your top girl to make sure she is staying tight through her core and lifting up.

It kinda looks like her left (if I'm watching the video, right in real life) knee is fully locked out.

There are alot of issues here. First off you are correct, she needs to lock her ankles out a ton more. You can help her by gripping tighter and widening your grip. You are getting alot of heel in your grip, you really want to try and make your hand cover as much of her feet as possible. A general rule is put your index finger in the middle of her heel, all the way at the end of the shoe....and than stretch the rest of your hand as low as you can down her foot. It will take time to get consistant but if you cant get this grip off a toss, just pop her up and adjust. Your toss is very strong and you have a nice flick. If you are new to this, you have a bright future in stunting.

Also, make sure that she is staying tight, but not balancing. YOU balance the stunt, not her. I second PrideAtheletics advice about the grip. Make sure you are squeezing through your wrists as well. It's really hard to explain without being able to show you.

Back