High School Pep-rallys

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2011
What is the best pep-rally your school has done? Whether it was for a big game, or just for fun! I love to see these and maybe we can all get ideas! Pictures?

My school did a black light pep rally last year for homecoming. All of the cheerleaders wore our neon and white practice outfits, white masks, and put on neon paint, our dance team had light up gloves, and the band wore all white. we gave everyone in the crowd glow sticks-color by grade. It was AWESOME! Everyone loved it.
309299_2006589134672_1541979358_31816090_1331459666_n.jpg

298922_287623157917166_100000084510307_1280963_866737695_n.jpg

314313_194561557281682_100001835187244_458136_866234703_n.jpg

We tried to do this this year. The PTO got all the black lights, we had our outfit and routine ready and the DAY before the principal nixed it and said that the students would get out of control in the dark! They decided it would be a black out pep rally instead (as in everyone just wears black and the lights stay on.) We already had bought our white for the black lights, and since it was the day before thats what we wore anyways. It went real great having a blackout pep rally with the cheerleaders in white... Our school struggles sometimes lol!

I wish I could contribute on good ideas, however I just have a lot of what not to do!

To late to edit the post above. This isn't us, but a person I subscribe to on youtube. They do this mirror dance thing that I've always thought looked cool.

our school tried to do a neon theme this year. they spent LOADS on blacklights and then the principal said it was a "hazard" to have it dark.

And our couch made us wear our uniforms. theyre navy. you couldnt see us at all.
excuse my typos, ive been almost 40 hours without sleep!

Our pep rallys are so boring. Student Council puts them on. Basically we go, we (varsity cheer) perform, JV cheer performs, dance team performs. Then they recognize the winter/fall/spring sports (depends when it is) and they do these "games" which are really stupid.

our school tried to do a neon theme this year. they spent LOADS on blacklights and then the principal said it was a "hazard" to have it dark.

Ours said that too...I can kind of understand it though, you never know what some kids are gonna do or what will happen.

Ours said that too...I can kind of understand it though, you never know what some kids are gonna do or what will happen.
absolutely. but its not like the administration didnt know about it until the last second! They had bought these big lamps and right as the ralley was starting they decided not to.. it was pretty frustrating.

We only have a peprally when our local Fox news station & this radio station nominates our school for one week & has the public vote for which school should get it. IF we win, all we do is have all the fall sports on the field, do a little bit of interviews, introduce the sports and dance for like five minutes for the cameras. All the students not in sports pretty much just has to sit in the stands :p

Although, my freshman year, it was actually really fun where people in the stands would dance and sometimes be called down to the field, we'd get stuff tossed to us, and it's just be a big party until my Sophomore year there was a fit coming back into the school & the administration blamed it on the peprally when the kid who started it wasn't even at the peprally & it was inside the school -_-

At the middle school where I coach, we have one pep rally before the first football/volleyball game of the year. We introduce all the fall sports teams and my cheerleaders perform a cheer from camp. If I were at a high school, I would LOVE to do theme pep rallies - so much fun! At our state coaches conference, there are always good ideas for themes.

Back