All-Star Play It Safe?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 22, 2012
I am a director for a small program. Our jr3 is a strong team but they are on the lower end of maxing out their score sheet. They have been working hard to clean up their 360 prep with twist downs but cannot seem to master the 360 consistently (the discounts hit consistently) . They are attending a cheersport in just 2 practices. My question is, with 4 stunts going up we are at about a 75% hit rate. With those odds would it be best from a scoring aspect to keep the 360's and risk a bobble or fall, or to go with a simple half with a twist dismount and loose out on the difficulty score?

Last edited:
The team does well with all other level 3 skills. For whatever reason the consistency of this skill is the struggle. Continued practice will obviously help, but with competition nearing so close I am trying to gauge the risk factor verses the point gain/ reduction.

Are there certain groups that hit more consistently than others? If so, you could also keep the 360s in for the group(s) that do hit them most of the time and let the rest do a half up or maybe a hlaf up with half a turn by the bases so it looks more like a 360?

A 1/2 up to prep is a L2 skill, so it's useless to put/keep in your routine. Can you put a different LTD in place of the full up so you still get credit for a L3 skill? Try a ball up to squish or prep. You could also do a L3 front flip (connected to base/back with 2 hands).

Not sure if I am reading, understanding the description correctly, but there is an easier wat to do full ups where you start with the legs crossed and still get the same point value. There is a thread about it somewhere.

I would tell them it's coming out unless they can hit it 5 times in a row all together. It usually lights a fire under everyone's butt and you see a lot more stunts stay in the air.

Back