All-Star Pleasant Surprises At Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What's even more inspiring and amazing about Laredo is how the owners keep the costs down for the parents. Tuition is $55/month and they don't have tryouts. Athletes are hand selected from their classes and invited to tryout. If you come from another gym you have to have 1 year experience in order to be placed. From their website:
To be selected as an All-Star for the 2014-2015 season, students must be enrolled at All American for three consecutive years and have a 90% attendance record.

That must really cut down on Susie and her mom gym hopping!
Kudos to the tuition price. I would love to see a full breakdown (i.e. are there enormous extra costs lumped onto that every month) and hear how the gym owners are able to keep it low!

I don't know that I agree with the tryout, or lack of tryout, stance they have. How does that work for kids new to the sport? You want my kid to come to 3 years of classes before she gets to see if she likes being on a team and doing all-star cheer? My junior aged daughter just decided she wants to cheer allstars instead of school, but can't because she won't have 3 years before she ages out? Maybe I'm mis-understanding. I do like that they're trying to curb gym hopping, but that seems a little extreme.

What's even more inspiring and amazing about Laredo is how the owners keep the costs down for the parents. Tuition is $55/month and they don't have tryouts. Athletes are hand selected from their classes and invited to tryout. If you come from another gym you have to have 1 year experience in order to be placed. From their website:
To be selected as an All-Star for the 2014-2015 season, students must be enrolled at All American for three consecutive years and have a 90% attendance record.

That must really cut down on Susie and her mom gym hopping!
Awesome!

WHY DON'T MORE GYMS DO THIS? IT'S GENIUS!!!

If you get kids with crappy technique, you have 3 yrs to correct it! In the words of Weezy, "looooove it!!!"

Yes. I am quoting Dragon Tales.

Last edited:
Back