High School Please Read Below.(:

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2012
Hey y'all. If you read the allstar thread you'll see I posted a thread about making a video movie about all star cheerleading. Well a high school in my area has also stated that they would like to help me in making one about high school cheerleading as well. The school doesnt have a competition team but they are pretty good. I want to hear you guys' thoughts on how to make this an amazing video for those outside of the cheer world and in it. I want this to be an overall good thing for everyone watching it, and not shame the cheer world. Thank you.

Have who ever's filming get them at practices and games, maybe even during school to show how they have to balance everything. A lot of people also don't understand that most coaching doesn't happen at games, but at practice.
No major editing, like a coach yelling and then a girl crying, when in reality she was crying because she got punched during a stunt or something.
Maybe pick a girl from each grade and have them talk about their past experience, what's hard, what their favorite part is, how they manage cheer and school, etc.
And that's all I got right now, haha! :)

I would also recommend focusing on girls that are smart, high GPA....The reason is because I think of all the sterotypes out there, the idea that cheerleaders are dumb/stupid/not smart, really hurt not only the sport, but women in general.....Girls/women can be fit, have a great body, and even be sexy, but still smart!

Back